• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 27 - Ireland v West Indies

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Umpires are still part of the system.

And i don't want to get in a debate about the other problems there are too.
It's not an error in the review system. Any umpire with a brain would've overturned that. The only error on show is the ICCs continuing persistence with ashocker, even though it's long been common knowledge that he has all the sensory faculties of a deep sea tube worm.

Last edited:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Umpires are still part of the system.

And i don't want to get in a debate about the other problems there are too.
:laugh:

And yet umpires are 100% apart of the alternative to UDRS.

Are you trying to make a statement for or against the UDRS system?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh:

And yet umpires are 100% apart of the alternative to UDRS.

Are you trying to make a statement for or against the UDRS system?
I am just pointing out basic errors in the system as it is now.

Not against or for.

THERE ARE errors in it like different tehnologies in different areas, Hawkeye showing some real weird paths , 2.5 METRE RULE ,Different interpretations in different situations,dressing room signals etc...

I think we need the system but i am not sure it should be implemented the way it is being right now.
Though it is better than just leaving it to the umpires.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Baby steps from Pollard. Gone from doing nothing at all for the Windies to now being a minnow basher. May just perform against a non-associate/minnow yet in this WC. Sammy's had two great games, still can't contribute with the bat which is a worry given how awful the Windies tail is and where it starts but his at least giving support to Roach.

Pretty disappointing from Ireland however, had opportunities here and just didn't take them. They will look back on this WC and think they should have made the QFs.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
But that wasn't an error in the system. Every other umpire in the world would have overturned that decision.

Asoka deserves to be banned from umpiring for life.

salman85

International Debutant
Dissapointing?!

They will go home with heads held high knowing that a little more luck would have taken them through.They've played out of their skins in the tournament so far.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol. I didn't give us much of a chance even with Wilson out there but I still have to congratulate Asoka on managing to badly **** up a job in which every mistake he ever makes can be immediately corrected by a computer.

shivfan

Banned
I am just pointing out basic errors in the system as it is now.

Not against or for.

THERE ARE errors in it like different tehnologies in different areas, Hawkeye showing some real weird paths , 2.5 METRE RULE ,Different interpretations in different situations,dressing room signals etc...

I think we need the system but i am not sure it should be implemented the way it is being right now.
Though it is better than just leaving it to the umpires.
I would much rather have the system as it is now than not use it at all....

remember, Wilson was given out by the umpire. If there was no UDRS, that decision wouldn't have been reversed.

Uppercut

Dissapointing?!

They will go home with heads held high knowing that a little more luck would have taken them through.They've played out of their skins in the tournament so far.
It's really disappointing. We didn't want the ability to hold our heads up high, we wanted to go through.

Spark

Global Moderator
I would much rather have the system as it is now than not use it at all....

remember, Wilson was given out by the umpire. If there was no UDRS, that decision wouldn't have been reversed.
Oh yeah, but that's even more proof that Asoka is an absolute **** of an umpire.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Can't wait for the game against the Dutch now. At their best, they're just as good as us. Could be a cracker.

Uppercut

Still have our glorious shock victory over South Africa to come before that though, right?

...right?