• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Ruckus

International Captain
Don't think that's the side though, Beer will play instead of Hilf or Siddle I think, probably the former.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol what is this joke, where is O'Keefe if they want a left armer that is performing.
:laugh:

It's certainly an entertaining selection. Didn't think they'd go left-field...O'Keefe though surely.

Now to read the rest of this thread, which is sure to be equally as entertaining as that selection.

Sylvester

State Captain
:laugh:

It's certainly an entertaining selection. Didn't think they'd go left-field...O'Keefe though surely.

Now to read the rest of this thread, which is sure to be equally as entertaining as that selection.
And however many hours later since I posted that I'm still going wtf. Must be some sort of nightmare and when I wake up the correct left arm spinner will have been chosen.

91Jmay

International Coach
Ok, time to get this positive...

Team actually looks much better than the first 2 Tests...

1. Watson
2. Hughes
3. Ponting
4. Clarke
5. Hussey
6. Haddin
7. Smith
8. Johnson
9. Harris
10. Hilfenhaus
11. Siddle

That gives 6 bowlers to get the 20 wkts and the batting is not weakened (just needs Ponting to fire)

I count three who can take wickets :ph34r:

Isn't Beer in for Hilfenhaus too?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm protesting against the inclusion of Beer by drinking wine tonight. Seriously this is such a bizarro selection, does anytime know how he is in the field?

FMD I don't get why the selectors like bringing in a rookie spinner, no way would a batsman come into the Sid after playing just 5 matches.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've asked my mum to buy me "The Encyclopedia of Australian Test Spinners 2007-" for Xmas.

If I start reading it Xmas night, I'll be just about ready for a new book for Xmas 2011.

:ph34r:

Jayzamann

International Regular
Perfect analogy form my friend about this selection panel (or the team itself, potato pattato) - "this runaway train just caught fire"

Jayzamann

International Regular
There is a young local greek lad playing grade cricket in Adelaide by the name of Yiros who could follow beer.
Gotta wait for the day/night tests first :ph34r:

I actually want Australia to lose by another innings in Perth. Shake the foundations and make sure Andrew Hilditch is never able to show his face in public ever again. Not even drawing the longest of bows over the past few hours in playing devils' advocate have I been able to rationalise this selection decision.

pup11

International Coach
Beer has just played 5 first class games and has done nothing of note but still he is now going to be the part of the Australian test side in this all important Ashes test, wow... I mean there is just no ****ing sense in this.
FFS.... if they had to take a punt with an unknown quantity then they should have just gone ahead and picked Boyce, if nothing else atleast he is a wrist spinner.....

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If he comes back I'm putting my hand up again. 41 year old clapped out left handed opener who bowls SLA with as much turn as Haurie.

Pencil me in. I'm with Warnie.
You'll need to balance the team out with some youth that can blossom in the future. So I'll put my hand up too. With the help of the physios and team management I reckon I can get my pace up to pushing 115kph. I've also been out of the game almost as long as Warney.

TumTum

Banned
Well I read that they sense Beer could become a really good spinner in the near future. I don't know why though.

Hughes is very lucky to get in one feels after a very poor domestic season. Hope he rises to the occasion, he's known as a big match performer.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've asked my mum to buy me "The Encyclopedia of Australian Test Spinners 2007-" for Xmas.

If I start reading it Xmas night, I'll be just about ready for a new book for Xmas 2011.

:ph34r:
It could be three pages long and it would take you that long to read it, ****.

pup11

International Coach
All these people who are saying that Beer won't be in the XI for Perth are saying this in hope or do you guys genuinely believe that he won't play...!?

Jayzamann

International Regular
All these people who are saying that Beer won't be in the XI for Perth are saying this in hope or do you guys genuinely believe that he won't play...!?
Hope.

Seriously even with enormous backlash over the next week, the stubbornness of the selection panel means that their decisions will stand even though their retardation is sprayed all over the presses.