• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Jacknife

International Captain
Yes...I played on the weekend. I've been playing cricket be it club, school, indoor cricket, backyard cricket, whatever you like, for about 20 years, and have always been a bowler. I have NEVER appealed when I didn't think it was out. It wouldn't even occur to me to do it, which is why I can't understand how it's just accepted.
If your talking about the Clarke review, I don't get where your coming from because the fact is they all went up for it and it looked out, until they showed super slow-mo, so where did they go up for something they didn't think was out. Every test team in the World goes up for close decisions, or when they think it's close, thats why you appeal, then let the umpire make the decision.

Spark

Global Moderator
100 Partnership. And wow have they had to fight for that one.

Hussey has been lucky, no doubt, but he's played exceptionally well. Clarke, though - how late is he playing Swann? That's what I've been paying attention to, and probably the reason we're still alive in this test.

These two MUST hold the line. I don't see anyone else lasting any length against bowling of this calibre on such a pitch.

Last edited:

thierry henry

International Coach
If your talking about the Clarke review, I don't get where your coming from because the fact is they all went up for it and it looked out, until they showed super slow-mo, so where did they go up for something they didn't think was out. Every test team in the World goes up for close decisions, or when they think it's close, thats why you appeal, then let the umpire make the decision.
lol. It never looked anywhere near out for a second. Anyone with a functioning pair of eyes could see what happened. It was a disgraceful decision by Tony Hill which really illustrates my point, that appeals for phantom edges etc can con dopey umpires.

hazsa19

International Regular
lol. It never looked anywhere near out for a second. Anyone with a functioning pair of eyes could see what happened. It was a disgraceful decision by Tony Hill which really illustrates my point, that appeals for phantom edges etc can con dopey umpires.
:laugh: are you actually saying these words? I must be hallucinating from the lack of sleep

Jacknife

International Captain
LOL. Rubbish mate.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very poor decision as it obviously wasnt out but can understand why they appealed

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was always coming. Clarke has a horrible record batting out the last overs of a day. Well played nevertheless.