• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Any chance of the Marto innings' from this test Crucial hundred in the second innings and in the first innings i vaguely remember him off the mark with the greatest forward defense ever played beating mid off for four.
Yep its coming, its in the video folder with about 70 others, its time will come soon! I'll bump it up the order for you, its 4th on the you tube queue now, expect it about 10 or so hours away. Great hundred indeed. For the last few years of his career he completely mastered the forward defence for 4, in the Champions Trophy in 2006 he was ridiculous, just normal forward press for four, amazing. One of the greatest timers of a ball ever.

Last edited:

robelinda

That reminds me, gotta upload some Kim Hughes, ive got his 213 vs India around here somewhere, my god that was some innings, his driving against the spinners was majestic. Might have to move that one up the you tube queue.

robelinda

Wait until I upload some of Greg facing the WI in the 70's, and belting them around with ease. Leaves Sachin for dead, and Ponting too. One could only imagine Chappell and Viv batting together, what a sight that would be. Truly a class player.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
***ehist part of the Chappell vid was Kapil's open shirt. The 70's is only dead when Kapil says its dead.

Last edited:

Altaican

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Ok now thats funny!

You guys have no idea how many messages ive gotten from Indians since i started my you tube channel for cricket, close to 150 messages. They ALL want Sachin Sachin Sachin, any innings that isnt on you tube, I have them all too, or most of them. Might upload that Perth ton soon, and the two Sharjah knocks, maybe the 155* and 177 in the 1998 series too. That will make them die of an overload of orgasmic pleasure. :-O
Wishful thinking :). What they will do instead is, take those video links and proclaim all over the internet that Sachin is the greatest since God created this Universe, and that Lara, Viv, Punter aren't worth Sachin's pee (just look at the highest rated comments on Lara's 153* youtube video as an example).

But did you honestly expect them to request Lara's 132 or Punter's 197 or Viv's blistering 146 on the same Test ground (Perth)? They would have little to no idea about these knocks, and even if they did, it would be strictly scorecard/stat based (viewed only in hindsight from the perspective of comparison with Sachin).

Hard to blame them. The only Sports news that the visual and print media envelopes the public with is, what certain cricketer or personality said about Sachin (that is, after the same media puts a ton of pressure on the said cricketer or personality to proclaim Sachin as the greatest).

And the thing that makes bigger news than that is when someone (especially non-Indian) does NOT proclaim Sachin as the greatest. It was interesting, when Wisden released the list of greatest Test knocks, far, far more articles were published in India's leading Newspapers and magazines on the injustice of Sachin's exclusion rather than on the fact that Laxman's 281 made it to the top-10. Every conspiracy theory under the sun imaginable (racism, bias, jealousy, victimization) was put forth. Read the "controversy" section in this page.

Absolutely no rejoicing of Laxman's knock being rated so highly. No media statements from Laxman published all over. It was almost as if Laxman just wasn't Indian enough.

Do post those great knocks of Sachin when you get the chance. As an added incentive, your youtube channel might be mentioned in a popular Indian newspaper/website soon (am not exaggerating!).

Also where in your list is Mark Waugh's match-winning (and series-deciding) 4th innings century while chasing 270+ against Allan Donald & co. in SA in 1997?

robelinda

Mark waugh's 116 in the 2nd test is ready to upload, its coming!!!!! Great great innings!

Lara's 132 at Perth was awesome, so was Punters 197, just awesome. Gotta say Sachin's 114 at Perth really wasnt so great, apart from him being young at the time. I dont care what the biased recollections are from Indians, our bowling was far far from hostile, and the pitch was not a road but pretty flat. His team was in trouble for sure, and it was good innings but not the greatest of all time. Reports make out it was a minefield like in 97 with grubbers and huge cracks etc. Every Sachin innings is overhyped to such stupid amounts, and other great knocks are devalued by the same amount, bloody ridiculous. Best to just ignore them i guess.

One Sachin innings I will upload is his first ton vs South Africa in 92 at Joburg (?), now THAT was a great innings, no question. Donald was lightning fast then.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Wishful thinking :). What they will do instead is, take those video links and proclaim all over the internet that Sachin is the greatest since God created this Universe, and that Lara, Viv, Punter aren't worth Sachin's pee (just look at the highest rated comments on Lara's 153* youtube video as an example).

But did you honestly expect them to request Lara's 132 or Punter's 197 or Viv's blistering 146 on the same Test ground (Perth)? They would have little to no idea about these knocks, and even if they did, it would be strictly scorecard/stat based (viewed only in hindsight from the perspective of comparison with Sachin).

Hard to blame them. The only Sports news that the visual and print media envelopes the public with is, what certain cricketer or personality said about Sachin (that is, after the same media puts a ton of pressure on the said cricketer or personality to proclaim Sachin as the greatest).

And the thing that makes bigger news than that is when someone (especially non-Indian) does NOT proclaim Sachin as the greatest. It was interesting, when Wisden released the list of greatest Test knocks, far, far more articles were published in India's leading Newspapers and magazines on the injustice of Sachin's exclusion rather than on the fact that Laxman's 281 made it to the top-10. Every conspiracy theory under the sun imaginable (racism, bias, jealousy, victimization) was put forth. Read the "controversy" section in this page.

Absolutely no rejoicing of Laxman's knock being rated so highly. No media statements from Laxman published all over. It was almost as if Laxman just wasn't Indian enough.

Do post those great knocks of Sachin when you get the chance. As an added incentive, your youtube channel might be mentioned in a popular Indian newspaper/website soon (am not exaggerating!).

Also where in your list is Mark Waugh's match-winning (and series-deciding) 4th innings century while chasing 270+ against Allan Donald & co. in SA in 1997?
Why is it that every post of yours is about Sachin. Everyone knows Youtube has a lot of stupid comments and I think it is pretty stupid of you to get riled up by those. Also what is wrong with someone asking for Sachin's videos.

If someone asks for Federer's video do we call him stupid because he doesn't want to see Sampras at his best. They like Sachin and want to see him play, what is wrong with that?

I watch neutral games and enjoy them but love seeing Indian games more and would prefer watching Sachin bat to anyone else, what has that got to do with you? People enjoy what they enjoy, leave them to it and get off your high horse.

Maximus0723

State Regular
Mark waugh's 116 in the 2nd test is ready to upload, its coming!!!!! Great great innings!

Lara's 132 at Perth was awesome, so was Punters 197, just awesome. Gotta say Sachin's 114 at Perth really wasnt so great, apart from him being young at the time. I dont care what the biased recollections are from Indians, our bowling was far far from hostile, and the pitch was not a road but pretty flat. His team was in trouble for sure, and it was good innings but not the greatest of all time. Reports make out it was a minefield like in 97 with grubbers and huge cracks etc. Every Sachin innings is overhyped to such stupid amounts, and other great knocks are devalued by the same amount, bloody ridiculous. Best to just ignore them i guess.

One Sachin innings I will upload is his first ton vs South Africa in 92 at Joburg (?), now THAT was a great innings, no question. Donald was lightning fast then.
All cricinfo.

SRT generates so much revenue for them. So playing with the truth is common thing when it comes to SRT.

Altaican

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

I thought Sachin's 148* at SCG and his 114 were fabulous knocks. Agree that Aussie attack was not that great or hostile in that series, and by no means am I proclaiming these knocks to be the greatest of all time, but it was amazing to watch a teenager play like that in his first tour of Australia. He stood out in stark contrast from rest of his (then) team members. It was the first time I was seeing someone play pure, orthodox cricket and yet score at a frantic pace. Sachin was buzzing with positive energy during that tour.

Agree with his century in SA against Donald in 92. He scored a great 50 in the other innings in the same match too. His 169 at Cape Town in 96 was good too, but Azhar's innings in that match was the real show-stealer. Truly breathtaking!

Up until 1994 Sachin played with a total sense of freedom in Test cricket. He always looked to attack, seemed far less conscious about which bowler to attack or what the condition of the pitch was.

Oh btw, please add Gooch's 154* to your list (if you have it). No hurry.

Thank you so much (considering the effort involved to digitize all these videos from VHS and then editing them). You are the best thing to happen to this forum.

Last edited:

robelinda

Can add Gooch's 154* no problems, will add Sachin's 160 odd vs England in 93 too, and the 148* at the SCG. Got literally hundreds and hundreds of vids to upload, ive got two 500gb hard drives full of vids ready to upload. I wanted to do lots of aussie domestic stuff first for the aussies here, as its rare stuff and not often seen on you tube, but obviously ive got WAY more international stuff that will take months and months to upload. I'll do it until i'm bored of it! Want to add heaps of Viv Richards too.

Averaging 5 or 6 uploads a day, but some are big files, over 800gb, ive got heaps that seem to be smaller so might be able to get more done soon.

Last edited:

TumTum

Banned
False.

Tendulkar's technique is very similar to him. :sleep:
I was thinking of adding the exact same thing. Tendulkar must have got his technique from Greg. The timing makes even more sense, we know youngsters like to copy batsman that they have seen play.

From 1:30 the 3 cut shots are the ones that stand out.

Last edited:

robelinda

Dont really know how much Sachin wouldve seen of Chappell, probably not very much, Sachin was about 11 when Chappell retired? Gavaskar sure looks a whole more like Sachin that Chappell. Need to watch more Gavaskar, Tum Tum! Looks like i'll have to upload some Sunny Gavaskar innings now!

TumTum

Banned
Actually Sunny and Greg played at about the same time. Hmm.

Then whom from did they develop their technique's from? And even a more interesting question, who will continue to use that technique from the current youngster in world cricket?

Barath looks a close candidate, but not exactly.