• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rooney is going to be unconditionally hated by fans all over England from now on like Ashley Cole no matter how his career goes. What an idiot.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
SMH.

Only for you would that statement suggest Rooney is "so much better" that both of them.

If he gets back his goal-scoring before his injury last season. He certainly would make them more lethal, than with either of them starting, since Kaka or Ozil wont give Real 25+ goals a season.
End of discussion.
:laugh:

Now we can end the discussion.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Translation from Benitez

Any success down to me

Any failures down to everyone/thing else.
Actually my reading of it was that it was roughly akin to when we we say "If it has webbed feet and goes quack, it's probably a duck". That is to say that if Liverpool look turd it's cos they are.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
For jibbing United? I say give him an MBE
Indeed, would say the circumstances of his departure are entirely different as well. See no reason why his decision to leave would draw any great animosity, even from Man Utd fans. Unless of course it transpires that his decision is entirely financially motivated.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Indeed, would say the circumstances of his departure are entirely different as well. See no reason why his decision to leave would draw any great animosity, even from Man Utd fans. Unless of course it transpires that his decision is entirely financially motivated.
Personally I'm not that bothered, but I can see a lot of animosity coming from his performances for the club since saying he wants to leave.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Would actually take McClaren back over all of those other options tbh. I imagine his experiences of managing two european sides will have done him a world of good, and make him much more suitable to take the helm of an international side. Unless something goes seriously wrong in Germany that is. If he does a good job over there between now and the end of the Euros then I think he'd make a good candidate. Despite his godawful run last time round.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Personally I'm not that bothered, but I can see a lot of animosity coming from his performances for the club since saying he wants to leave.
Yeah probably right actually, didn't really consider that. That is, however, about the only the only sensible reason I can think of.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
To be honest, when the options are 'Arry, BFS and Steve "57 clubs in 57 years & crap at every one" Bruce, Dutch Schteve suddenly looks a more appealing prospect.
It's far from inconceivable that SM has improved as a coach over the last few years and is actually a far better candidate than he was in 2006. As you say, who else is there? Especially now that Hodgson's looking completely out of his depth when not managing a small club with no great pretensions.

This may be as good a place as any to pass on the views of a guy I was chatting with the other week who reckons we should go down the Klinsmann route and appoint Beckham. Can't say I was convinced.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's far from inconceivable that SM has improved as a coach over the last few years and is actually a far better candidate than he was in 2006. As you say, who else is there? Especially now that Hodgson's looking completely out of his depth when not managing a small club with no great pretensions.

This may be as good a place as any to pass on the views of a guy I was chatting with the other week who reckons we should go down the Klinsmann route and appoint Beckham. Can't say I was convinced.
Ha, no, me neither. Whilst Becks might be of similar or even high profile as a player (if not of similar stature in terms of achievement), he lacks Jurgen's cultured urbanity.

I'd actually rather have Klinsmann.