• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I don't pretend to follow German football to any exent, but Mainz are currently top of the Bundesliga, aren't they? Presumably he's doing something right. Current German U21 captain too, which also suggests some ability.

I'd like to get him purely because it'd be one over Jerry.
Yeah and they beat Bayern recently as well but you tend to get that in the Bundesliga that a team from nowhere starts great but after the winter break these sides tend to fall away.

Craig

World Traveller
Lol. Hicks & Gillette really are a pair of ****s tho, aren't they? They make the Glazers look like the offspring of Jack Walker and Roman Abramovich. I find it hilarious that the chairman they brought in to be their patsy has proved rather steelier than they anticapted. Stand to take a £177m hosing between them from what I've read. Their opposition to the sale sending Liverpool into hock would be their crowning glory.

Couldn't happen to nicer blokes.
Oh how the once mighty have fallen. In slightly similar news: United confirm significant losses - Barclays Premier League - ESPN Soccernet

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Phil Jones.
Yea him and Smalling are the two under-25 centre backs (although I think Jones has been playing DM a lot for rovers this season) that are worth talking about at this early stage. While I'm a long time fan of Steven Taylor from Newcastle's ability to be international quality, but who knows. Overall that pretty flat compared the to the start of the 2000s era, even more reason to keep close attention to this Dier bloke in case he turns out to be the real deal.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
As well as being better at football.
We shall see what happens long term with all of them & see who really becomes international quality. Debate closed, since by CW standards in this footballl thread this little discussion will just dragging on ridiculously.

Craig

World Traveller
I see that Vito Mannone has been complaining to Italian newspapers about a lack of first team football, so perhaps a case of don't let the door hit your arse on the way out?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
We shall see what happens long term with all of them & see who really becomes international quality. Debate closed, since by CW standards in this footballl thread this little discussion will just dragging on ridiculously.
Oh the irony.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I didn't say he wasn't. What I was getting at was just questioning the value of him upping his performances against miserly opposition in qualifying.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I didn't say he wasn't. What I was getting at was just questioning the value of him upping his performances against miserly opposition in qualifying.
So just because the opposition in WCQ & WC was not a Spain or Brazil means you have to look down on it?.