• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tri-Series

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
No.. cheating to win, while not justifiable, is at times understandable.. cheating to be a **** is neither justifiable nor understandable..
cheating is cheating. Fullstop. If you cheat and win it's worse than cheating and achieving nothing.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
cheating is cheating. Fullstop. If you cheat and win it's worse than cheating and achieving nothing.
lol.. cheating for a positive reason > cheating for a negative reason. But I agree that cheating is bad, either way.. Just that to an extent, I can understand the former but the latter is just someone being a dick.

Himannv

International Coach
lol.. cheating for a positive reason > cheating for a negative reason. But I agree that cheating is bad, either way.. Just that to an extent, I can understand the former but the latter is just someone being a dick.
Dont think what either of them did was cheating as they are well within the rules to do it. Both equally unsportsmanlike and a case of the pot calling the kettle black by Sehwag.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dont think what either of them did was cheating as they are well within the rules to do it. Both equally unsportsmanlike and a case of the pot calling the kettle black by Sehwag.
Agree with that. What I meant to say is I see more reason in what Sehwag did than what Randiv did.. Sehwag did it for it could possibly win India the game.. Randiv did it coz he is a ****.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Yeah, pettiness factor makes Randiv's act far worse. Nobody likes a petty person. It's beyond being about the spirit of cricket. It's moved to the realm of the character he's displayed.

Himannv

International Coach
IMO, the win at any cost reason is a very poor excuse. Its the exact same concept as the underarm delivery.

akilana

International 12th Man
Randiv gets one match suspension and loses fee..

Dilshan loses one match fee..

and this is getting ridiculous.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, suspension is taking it too far. Heck, an apology should have been the end of it. There was no reason for this to be a diplomatic incident.

Himannv

International Coach
Fully expected outcome. This is simply all about the money for the SLC as has been said already in this thread by Migara and a few others.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Randiv gets one match suspension and loses fee..

Dilshan loses one match fee..

and this is getting ridiculous.
Haven't I predicted that BCCI + SLC was behind the apology? SLC wants to lick balls of BCCI. Sanga should have resigned asking SLC to GAGF. If Arjuna and Aravinda was there they would have made SLC sweat if such action has been taken. Some were mocking the fact it was conspiracy.

The bottom line is SL players are greedy of IPL money. 15 years back, whole team would have pulled out of the tournament asking SLC to fly a kite.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haven't I predicted that BCCI + SLC was behind the apology? SLC wants to lick balls of BCCI. Sanga should have resigned asking SLC to GAGF. If Arjuna and Aravinda was there they would have made SLC sweat if such action has been taken. Some were mocking the fact it was conspiracy.

The bottom line is SL players are greedy of IPL money. 15 years back, whole team would have pulled out of the tournament asking SLC to fly a kite.
Blame SLC all you want, no need to drag BCCI into it. They said yesterday that they have accepted the apology and consider the case closed.

Oh no, what am I thinking, BCCI are responsible for world hunger, global warming, etc. etc. etc. 8-)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Blame SLC all you want, no need to drag BCCI into it. They said yesterday that they have accepted the apology and consider the case closed.

Oh no, what am I thinking, BCCI are responsible for world hunger, global warming, etc. etc. etc. 8-)
not to forget, Sri Lanka are world champions only if they listened to Migara.. :p

Himannv

International Coach

So you're saying the BCCI didn't want an apology?