• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This reminds me of when India came to England when Tendulkar was a kid and Gooch got 333,all the home bats filled their boots that series as the India attack was as toothless as this one.2 wickets in 4 sessions even on a good pitch to bat on is a particularly poor effort.

Marky

Cricket Spectator
Correct, but what you've described wouldn't be a 'fast-bowlers type' wicket, that was my only point. They'll obviously be looking to employ typical Indian tracks that will be primarily be slow & low & conducive to spin, not fast-bowling type tracks.

For the record, I'm fully expecting India to beat Australia in India, you've no argument on that
lol - I thought *this* is a slow low wicket conducive to spin!!!

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
@_@ So much information to intake. How do you all know so much about the wickets and these match-ups of countries against them so well?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
It's sad that guys like Irfan Pathan and RP Singh aren't considered anymore. I was there at all the days of that WACA test in 2007/2008 and both of them bowled beautifully. A lot of the players that contributed to the success back then have just disappeared and it seems like this selection panel is more interested in continuing with mediocrity rather than recalling some proven performers with a bit of ability and skill.
Wow.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I don't mean to rub it in, but I got absolutely hammered from every direction 7-8 months ago for suggesting India wouldn't remain no.1 for long due to their bowling being remarkably weak bowling attack & considering they're struggling as much as they are, even in sub-continent conditions confirms this belief. Presumably they'll lose their no.1 slot if they lose this series, can anyone confirm this?

Incidentally, still seems strange to me that Murali pulled out after the 1st test of the series, surely this would be tailor-made for him if SL do rack up 600+ first innings
Um, no. Stop making stuff up. You got hammered for suggesting that India didn't deserve to be #1 on the basis of their bowling attack. And rightly so. It's different to claiming that they wouldn't retain it for long.

Zinzan

Um, no. Stop making stuff up. You got hammered for suggesting that India didn't deserve to be #1 on the basis of their bowling attack. And rightly so. It's different to claiming that they wouldn't retain it for long.
You're right that I did argue that imo they weren't the best side - which I suppose is effectively a round-about-way of saying I didn't think they deserved it - but in elaborating on that I also suggested they wouldn't remain at the top for long with their bowling attack, & got criticized for that too, certainly ain't making that up. But well done for bashfully jumping in and commenting about the far less specific point I'd made to somehow undermine what I just said.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Nah, you're trying to make a "I told you so, nyah nyah" statement on the back of something there wasn't much 'hammering' on. Not the first time you've attempted it too.

Zinzan

Nah, you're trying to make a "I told you so, nyah nyah" statement on the back of something there wasn't much 'hammering' on. Not the first time you've attempted it too.
Nah, it's just nice to be proven right, how could I miss such an opportune time to remind people what I'd said, it's all a bit of fun. :sleep: India's weak bowling was always my primary argument for them not lasting long at the top. Seems you're of the mind to hold it against me forever because I didn't think your team deserved to be no. 1 - sad really, but that's your choice, I'll survive

pasag

RTDAS
Nah, it's just nice to be proven right, how could I miss such an opportune time to remind people what I'd said, it's all a bit of fun. :sleep: India's weak bowling was always my primary argument for them not lasting long at the top. Seems you're of the mind to hold it against me forever because I didn't think your team deserved to be no. 1 - sad really, but that's your choice, I'll survive
They deserved and rightfully earned number 1. Yeah their bowling was not the best in the world but it was solid and it got the job done. Yes their depth is poor but that's irrelevant and even if it was, you take away SA's best bowlers and how far down would they drop? Does it mean they don't deserve number 1 now?

Zinzan

They deserved and rightfully earned number 1. Yeah their bowling was not the best in the world but it was solid and it got the job done. Yes their depth is poor but that's irrelevant and even if it was, you take away SA's best bowlers and how far down would they drop? Does it mean they don't deserve number 1 now?
We could debate whether or not they deserved it at that time for the rest of time, but we've been there, done that. I'll end by saying, yes I think SA are the best test side.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Seems you're of the mind to hold it against me forever because I didn't think your team deserved to be no. 1 - sad really, but that's your choice, I'll survive
I don't hold it against you for the opinion you have on it. You're mistaken if that's what you think. I will however call BS on it if you're going to conveniently mix up the reasons you copped a 'hammering' for, back then.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Nah, nothing can match the awesomeness of the 1990s. Sachin Tendulkar and stuff. No Test wins outside the subcontinent. Not even in Zimbabwe. It was spectacular.
Worst were defeats in ODIs v Zimbabwe in the World Cup, defeats v Kenya and test series defeat in West Indies (where Kuruvilla played) and inability to win a series in Zimbabwe.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
2/3rd of the target of 952 has been reached give or take a few... Will be dire if we give away 800 plus again against Sri Lanka. All credit to Sri Lanka though.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Come on SL, 750 at least...Mahela double ton up son.

I'm Loving it.

Last edited: