• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1 Thread

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah must have been so livid, was a ridiculous decision to be fair to him.

Anyway well done Webber 'not bad for a number 2 driver'

Hope he wins this year.

Scaly piscine

Ridiculous decision not to let the guy back through immediately after. It was blatantly obvious what would happen.

Pothas

Well he is Spanish so of course you hate him but do you really think that was a fair punishment?

Scaly piscine

Well he is Spanish so of course you hate him but do you really think that was a fair punishment?
As we've seen before it's not about what's 'fair' it's what the rules say. There's no subjectivity in that situation because it's a blatant violation of the rules.

Alonso put himself in the situation knowing he'd get penalised. Shock horror he got penalised.

Pothas

Well not really, we heard from Kubica that Alonso was going to let him past the lap that he retired.

I fail to see how Kubica retiring should result in Alonso going to the back of the field.

Pothas

Scot free for what exactly? He had pretty much no choice but to cut across, admitedly he should have let Kubica back past and was about to do so.

Reminds me of the situation with Lewis a couple of years ago when he got put behind Massa after that incident with Kimi.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Scot free for what exactly? He had pretty much no choice but to cut across, admitedly he should have let Kubica back past and was about to do so.

Reminds me of the situation with Lewis a couple of years ago when he got put behind Massa after that incident with Kimi.
If he had done it straight away as he should have done it would be a non issue. He knew immediately he had done wrong, as he was on the radio to his team about it.

99*

International Debutant
No sympathy from me at all for the Spanish ****. He and Ferrari both know the rules, regardless if he was pushed off the track he gained an advantage because of it and needed to let Kubica past.

It's beyond me how somebody so experienced in the sport has to ask his team if he needs to give the place back. Even more stupid is Ferrari saying he didn't, given the ruling as Spa in 08 that gave Massa a win under the same conditions.

And just because Kubica broke down makes no difference to the actual penalty. He was going to get a drive through once he didn't give the place back. It's just tough luck for him that the SC came out when it did.

99*

International Debutant
Honestly can't believe I have to miss this because Sky feel it's a better option to play the U-20 Football World Cup.

I mean really. Under 20's womens football or Formula 1 racing.