• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1 Thread

WorcsRoyal

School Boy/Girl Captain
Vettel only wins races when there's nobody ahead of him, not very often do you see him overtaking to win.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Loving this season of F1. Vettel's move was just mind-bogglingly stupid, yet amusing. Shame for button though.

biased indian

International Coach
formula one is coming to India next year ..would love to go and watch it ..but its Delhi any where in south India i would have definitely gone

Scaly piscine

Ugh Hamilton DNFs. Personally I think Webber takes some blame because he was behind Hamilton when he ran into him. But Hamilton should have known that would probably happen, didn't need to take such a risk.

ripper868

International Coach
Ugh Hamilton DNFs. Personally I think Webber takes some blame because he was behind Hamilton when he ran into him. But Hamilton should have known that would probably happen, didn't need to take such a risk.
Well, given Webber gave Hamilton plenty of room on the initial pass you'd think hamilton could have had the ability to do the same...can't expect webber to slow down/disappear on account of hamilton coming into his line late into the corner.

Scaly piscine

Hamilton was ahead though, so you can argue that it's up to Webber to avoid contact.

Don't expect a penalty. Also McClaren and Red Bull teams have buggered this up nicely.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Good result for Webber tho, assuming he isn't sanctioned (and the guys commentating on the Beeb don't seem to think he should be - haven't seen it myself yet) and he can hold onto his current position.

social

Great to see Formula 1 has a new champion who's only weakness is overtaking :laugh:

Farcical end for a farcical "sport" in a place where money doesnt buy sense let alone a decent track designer

WorcsRoyal

School Boy/Girl Captain
Funniest thing ever watching Alonso lose it in the last 10 laps. My opinion of him just gets worse for his gesture to Petrov just after the race.

Really happy with McLaren and it looks promising for next year. Also good to see Button doing well for once because too often it's been him sitting in the position Alonso was today. Just wish Kubica hadn't failed yesterday otherwise we could have seen a great fight for P1.

social

and i think you watched all 19 rounds live :)
I actually attended 3 grand prix this year (but, tbf, didnt pay for any :laugh: and that was of business not interest) and am a regular watcher due to its timing on tv more than anything else

IMO, Formula 1 has been more interesting in the last 2 seasons but only because different teams have been in with a chance of winning

Whilst it remains the pinnacle of technology, the racing pales into insignificance when compared to Moto GP, World Superbikes, IndyCars, Nascar, V8s etc and literally the only reason to attend such an event is because of the "off track" action