• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs Pakistan in England

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Looking forward for India vs Auzz test series.It is in Favour of India untill and unless Punter show his true colors....

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Too early for that IMO - if he doesn't perform during the England series then maybe there's a case for that. However I agree that just because someone is talented doesn't mean they get a free ride. Dropping a player like that can be the best thing for them. Just look at Clarke, started out in similarly brilliant fashion but suffered from similar issues, got dropped, worked hard on his game and within a year he was a completely different and vastly improved player - he doesn't have to be out for very long if he really works at it. I can't remember off-hand any other standout cases but I'm sure there are some.
Michael Clarke was dropped? really? When? After the Ashes 2005? And when did he come back?
But there is still a lot of difference. Umar Akmal is not even half as matured and sensible as Clarke was in his first year in international cricket. He throws his wicket away. There is nothing worse you can do than throw you wicket away when you know you are the best batsman in the side.

Would point out that Day 1 was possibly our worst day of test cricket in donkey's years. And that for periods of the match afterwards we weren't exactly stretching ourselves to win, either.

---
Really? You think Australia didnt fight enough after the first innings debacle?
Wow.. we Pakistani fans are just amazed by the never say die attitude..the fact that they were defending 40 runs today and still believing and trying to get 7 wickets..Maybe Australian fans have even higher standards.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking forward for India vs Auzz test series.It is in Favour of India untill and unless Punter show his true colors....
Indian bowling is pretty ordinary. If Australia lose, it will be because of their bowlers under performing against a strong batting line up.

TumTum

Banned
Its official now that Pakistan fast bowlers are better than Aussie counterparts. Aamir,Asif & Gul all averaged in early 20s despite full strength Aus batting line up. Bollinger averaged in mid 30s like Zaheer Khan, Johnson in 70s :laugh:. Only Hilfenhaus was decent despite rookie Pakistan batting line up.

Cricket Records | MCC Spirit of Cricket Test Series, 2010 | Records | Most wickets | Cricinfo.com
It is also official that Watson is the best bowler in the world :ph34r:

kingkallis

International Coach
When Watson is your bowler of the series and Hilfy scores more runs than Watson, Hussey, North then this is bound to happen...

Dont know how will you handle mighty Indians? :D

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Its official now that Pakistan fast bowlers are better than Aussie counterparts. Aamir,Asif & Gul all averaged in early 20s despite full strength Aus batting line up. Bollinger averaged in mid 30s like Zaheer Khan, Johnson in 70s :laugh:. Only Hilfenhaus was decent despite rookie Pakistan batting line up.

Cricket Records | MCC Spirit of Cricket Test Series, 2010 | Records | Most wickets | Cricinfo.com
Haddin wasn't playing.

Originally Posted by Cricinfo commentator
"Shane Watson is named Australia's man of the match, for his bowling, which, though laughable, has been very good all Test." 8-)
Whats with the rolled eyes?

Fusion

Global Moderator
I don't care that Pakistan almost chocked away again against the Aussie never-say-die attitude, this win is sweet and a loooooooong time coming! :D I honestly had forgotten what it felt like to win against them as a fan.

To build for the future, we desparately need some batting help in order to compliment that outstanding bowling attack. Also, for better or worse, we need to stick with Butt as the Captain for a few years to provide some type of stability at the most important position in the team. Somehow I doubt that will happen. Ah well, for now I'm on cloud nine!

slowfinger

International Debutant
Owh, well we got a tough England series ahead and I desperately think Amin should go and Alam should come in, and Misbah also needs a place in the team but otherwise I am quite happy with Butt and co.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Secondly, I do not want to see CricketWeb favourite Umar Akmal in the test team for another year. He clearly has not matured enough. At this point, he is another Ashraful..To prevent him from being the failure known as Ashraful, he should stay away from test cricket for a year..do a bit of soul searching, play first class cricket and then earn his place back after a year
Drop your best batsman?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I agree with Black_Warrior regarding Umar Akmal TBH, his shot selection left a lot to be desired in this series. A stint in domestic cricket could be the best thing for him and Pakistan in the long term.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Drop your best batsman?
You are the best batsman if you have the performance to back you. Words mean nothing. Runs and centuries do. I am not talking about short term solutions here. It is for his own good.
By believing he is the best batsman because of the hype when he is clearly not will only prove to be detrimental for him. The way he got out with 40 runs to go today is not the way a 'best batsman' gets out.

He needs more first class experience.

This is exactly what is wrong with the Pakistani mentality...we won so everything is hunky dory.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The problem is with Dropping Umer Akmal, is what's your other options. Misbah and Shoaib Malik are proven failures, Amin clearly isn't up to it yet. He's still one of the better options in your middle-order, therein lies the problem really.