• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BCCI asks Cricket Australia for more tests

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Obviously two tests is better than zero tests, and while its a step in the right direction, it's just not enough. I don't want an established precedent of two test series
The only precedent it is establishing is the ability to replace ODIs with Tests.

It isn't changing already set FTP test number agreements.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
The only precedent it is establishing is the ability to replace ODIs with Tests.

It isn't changing already set FTP test number agreements.
While it may do that, it also establishes the potential precedent for just two test series. I'm obviously happy that Australia will get some warm up wins before smashing the poms around in summer, I just think it's a mistake to have a two test series

Sir Alex

Banned
While it may do that, it also establishes the potential precedent for just two test series. I'm obviously happy that Australia will get some warm up wins before smashing the poms around in summer, I just think it's a mistake to have a two test series
No it doesn't. Two test series are already a reality in ftp.

Jezroy

State Captain
Yeah it's fantastic that it is a three Test series, and New Zealand playing three Tests in a series in general is a good thing.
Yeah it is a great thing - but it seems to have been a heck of a long time since we have been to India (as we go to Bangladesh before then, it means we have been on 3 test tours there since our last test series in India). Come to think of it, the last time we played tests in the West Indies was 2002 wasn't it? Even Bangladdesh have been there twice since then.

No one wants to play NZ do they?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah it's fantastic that it is a three Test series, and New Zealand playing three Tests in a series in general is a good thing.
Yeah it is a great thing - but it seems to have been a heck of a long time since we have been to India (as we go to Bangladesh before then, it means we have been on 3 test tours there since our last test series in India). Come to think of it, the last time we played tests in the West Indies was 2002 wasn't it? Even Bangladdesh have been there twice since then.

No one wants to play NZ do they?

It also means both the home and away series for Ind - NZ have been 3 test series. :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So a total of

2 vs SA
2 vs Aus
3 vs SL

scheduled outside the FTP. Also NZ series if you add that makes it another 3. A pity we aren't playing West Indies that much.
It seems odd that India have chosen 3 Tests against SL and NZ while only 2 against the higher ranked teams SA and AUS.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It seems odd that India have chosen 3 Tests against SL and NZ while only 2 against the higher ranked teams SA and AUS.
Coz of time issues probably. India didnt wanna miss out on de odi s plus de nz series was a full tour not converted from an odi only tour like sa n oz

James

Cricket Web Owner
Fear of losing against better teams.
Please stop this kind of posting Umar_Akmal. This is just one of many examples. All it does is potentially stir up trouble with other members. You're obviously welcome to have this opinion, but I'm sure you can word and phrase it in a much better way.

Sir Alex

Banned
The series against NZ I guess is to honor the earlier away series (which was also 3 tests)

We are playing Australia 4 tests every regular series, so it is perhaps too much to ask for 3 tests again within 16 months tbh also considering time issues. Sri Lanka falls into a much less cluttered time of the year so it is easier to schedule 3 tests.

Sir Alex

Banned
Fear of losing against better teams.
You are wrong. If that was the case, we wouldn't be playing 4 test series against Australia and 3 tests against SA every series. And certainly we would'nt have gone out of the way to schedule additional test series against the two teams as well.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You are wrong. If that was the case, we wouldn't be playing 4 test series against Australia and 3 tests against SA every series. And certainly we would'nt have gone out of the way to schedule additional test series against the two teams as well.
Not to mention we would have been playing 7-match series against Pakistan. :D

Oh well, why am I letting the troll wind me up.