• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F - Italy, Paraguay, New Zealand, Slovakia

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
All Whites bow out unbeaten. A shame, but massively proud to be a Kiwi.

Italy!!!! :lol:
They flicked over just in time to see that Pepe miss. Hillarious.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:
That's all I can do now. There are no words to describe Paston.
Unreal tournament for Paston, after that nervy first half against Slovakia hes been outstanding - some of the saves hes pulled off simply world class and along with Nelson in the heart of defence, that partnership protecting our goal has been absolutely vital to our three draws.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Bit disappointing that we left our surge so late, the only time we came even close to a goal was in the last 10 minutes. Still finishing the world cup unbeaten is a surreal effort and all the boys should be hugely proud of themselves.

Spark

Global Moderator
Last 20 mins of the Italy match was ****ing fantastic, so happy to see Italy bow out.

Especially after none of them bothered to shake hands.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Can't say I'm sorry to see Italy go, a sorry team if ever there was one, Enjoyed the second half of the match though, good fun. Good effort from NZ to bow out unbeaten as well, really good showing.

GGG

State Captain
I thought England were the most hated team at the WC but with all the texts and Facebook status' it's obvious Italy is the clear winner - or loser, depending on how you see that.
England is the most hated team in England :D. You wanna see the scenes here in Malta when England just win a game, massive procession of cars with union jack flags hanging out the window, everyone tooting their horns etc. I predict a riot if England win it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Very bad luck NZ, but a massive effort. To remain unbeaten against three teams all ranked considerably higher is a great achievement. Not trying to sound like a patronising wanker here, btw.

& Italy. :laugh: Worst team ever to win it. Now been proved.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
loling at the fact that both finalists from last year are now out.

Gutted for NZ as well. Still an awesome showing for them this tournament, WA bunch of Gs.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well Italy are gone. Quite interesting world cup so far. Does anyone have any idea why we've had so many shocks in this world cup?
Probably the overall crapness of the top teams combined with the lower teams' desire to get up and give it a crack.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amazing to see the list of what the salaries are for the coaches at the tournament in the paper this morning.

Capello NZ$10.5m
Herbert NZ$50,000

Can't expect him to stay if we can't come up with something more substantial.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Herbert reckons we have a chance of being in the top 24 of world rankings when they change them next ITSTL.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Amazing to see the list of what the salaries are for the coaches at the tournament in the paper this morning.

Capello NZ$10.5m
Herbert NZ$50,000

Hmmm, that means that so far Capello has delivered 1 world cup point for every $2.1 million paid, compared to Herbert's $16,670. By some simple arithmetic, if Herbert had coached England and been paid Capello's wage, England would have finished the group phase with 630 points, ensuring they avoided a tough round of sixteen match with Germany. Though I suppose it's easy to spot these things in hindsite, still a tremendous blooper on the part of the FA.

Oh, and in other news my Bull**** alarm just exploded at the rumour of Winston Reid being chased by Arsenal.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller

Capello NZ$10.5m
Herbert NZ$50,000

If NZ Soccer (or whatever it's called) don't take advantage of this, of all the exposure etc., well they never will get a better opportunity.

It's sounds ridiculous, but I'm sort of disappointed that we couldn't get a goal and go through, it would of capped off the fairy tale even more. Still though, you have to be proud of them though and what they have achieved. If only a team like France should have the bottle that the NZ team has shown :blink:

R_D

International Debutant
Italy match was just incredible..... So good to watch.
Still laughing at Italians being out though.... What about the manage running off without handshake.... What a loser.... So hilarious seeing the Italians cry and refusing to shake hands.... No wonder no one likes them.

England aren't really hated.... They are loved all over Asia.... I'm pretty sure alot of ppl in India, China etc will be supporting England.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hmmm, that means that so far Capello has delivered 1 world cup point for every $2.1 million paid, compared to Herbert's $16,670. By some simple arithmetic, if Herbert had coached England and been paid Capello's wage, England would have finished the group phase with 630 points, ensuring they avoided a tough round of sixteen match with Germany. Though I suppose it's easy to spot these things in hindsite, still a tremendous blooper on the part of the FA.

Oh, and in other news my Bull**** alarm just exploded at the rumour of Winston Reid being chased by Arsenal.
:laugh:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Herbert reckons we have a chance of being in the top 24 of world rankings when they change them next ITSTL.
He's wrong ftr. NZ will be 54th or 55th.

_Ed_ said:
Doubt there will be very high demand for a New Zealand coach, notwithstanding their achievements. There aren't many American coaches employed in professional clubs despite the national team having Yank coaches since 1995 and very decent results in the last decade.