• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals/Final - Australia, Sri Lanka, England and Pakistan

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
You're just refusing to appreciate that T20 is different from ODIs.

And Dave Hussey went on with his score. Sure didn't go huge, but whenClarke falls, if White doesn't do what he does, Aust lose! Dave's score wasn't great, but comnsdiering he didn't run someone out, nor force himself to come in at 3 when he shouldn't, I'd say Clarke's was far worse.
I'm not saying Clarke's innings was better than Dave Hussey's. It wasn't, because Hussey went on with it. I'm responding more to the suggestions that Clarke getting out was a blessing for Australia when at the time he really wasn't playing too badly.

A run a ball 27 under the circumstances was not a bad innings, in 20/20. If he'd batted the rest of the innings and not upped the scoring rate at all, it'd just have been about equivalent to Dussey's innings, which was decent enough. It wasn't a bad start though, better than Hussey's, and acting as though he was hurting the team by playing that way is silly.

It'd have been different if he'd come in at 1/100 after 12 overs of course.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain

What the hell is going on?

Should have expected this, being in the West Indies and all. If this hold-up causes the Duckworth-Lewis system to come into play, things will get very nasty.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm not saying Clarke's innings was better than Dave Hussey's. It wasn't, because Hussey went on with it. I'm responding more to the suggestions that Clarke getting out was a blessing for Australia when at the time he really wasn't playing too badly.

A run a ball 27 under the circumstances was not a bad innings, in 20/20. If he'd batted the rest of the innings and not upped the scoring rate at all, it'd just have been about equivalent to Dussey's innings, which was decent enough. It wasn't a bad start though, better than Hussey's, and acting as though he was hurting the team by playing that way is silly.

How do you justify your point when Australia's batting success went up almost immediately after Clarke went out?

BoyBrumby

Englishman

It's supposition, obviously, but I doubt he'd have played the innings White did after he exited.

Athlai

Not Terrible
How do you justify your point when Australia's batting success went up almost immediately after Clarke went out?
Because Dussey and Clarke were both turning the strike without either taking on the boundary hitter role. If Dussey got out at the same time you'd have seen the same thing.

pskov

International 12th Man
If these two can stay together at the crease for a few overs then I think South Africa will be well in control.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
White played well? Not sure what you're looking for here. Clarke's innings under the circumstances wasn't bad, and he wasn't hurting the team by scoring at a run a ball, that's what I'm saying. Obviously White could have played an amazing innings or he could have gotten out for a duck, that really has no bearing on the way Clarke played.

edit: and of course losing Hussey's wicket would have brought White to the crease as well.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Another fantastic shot from "Kieswater". Liking this innings a lot. Is confusing that Chappelli's not once praised Kieswetter's shot, but continues to praise the bat. =/