• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You're surprised by this, how? They're as bad as United in their own way.

Remember how excited they got when they beat Alaves (who?) because the Spanish village team had two men sent off?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Come on Fulham, would love to see them win it, woul dbe one of the biggest underdog stories I can remember.

Oh, and fair play to Rose for conceding that a blatant professional foul may have been worthy of a yellow card a few pages back.

Craig

World Traveller
You're surprised by this, how? They're as bad as United in their own way.

Remember how excited they got when they beat Alaves (who?) because the Spanish village team had two men sent off?
I have a bone to pick with you, given that Bayern and Hamburg are through to the semi's of the Champions League and Europa League respectively, and that there is one Italian team left in the semi's of the Champions League, does this move Germany ahead of Italy on the UEFA rankings, or do Italy stay ahead of Germany (can't be by much though).

On a different topic, I really enjoyed the Atletico Madrid v Valencia match, one of the better 0-0 draws you will see. I lol'd when Forlan was able to beat the defenders and was able to lob Valencia goal keeper Cesar Sanchez (you might remember him from his brief stint at Tottenham, when Jaunde Ramos was in charge) and missed the goal. You would of laid down serious money for Forlan to score in that situation. Thought Valencia deserved a penalty when Zigic was brought down inside the box late on the game. He got up with his shirt ripped FFS.

Lastly, how about that goal from Petric, from Hamburg, that was something special.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Come on Fulham, would love to see them win it, woul dbe one of the biggest underdog stories I can remember.

Oh, and fair play to Rose for conceding that a blatant professional foul may have been worthy of a yellow card a few pages back.
Would make sense if there weren't around 3 defenders between Ribery and the goal plus uards of space for him to run in. ;)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Hasn't everyone else been saying that for years and all Man Utd fans have come back saying 'Oh everyone says that, but you don't appreciate all the little things he does!' or the 'The Fergie rebuild all fell into place with the signing of Carrick'. Both opinions i've seen regularly on CW.
He's only been off form since the back end of last season at most. Before that he was (Y).

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hasn't everyone else been saying that for years and all Man Utd fans have come back saying 'Oh everyone says that, but you don't appreciate all the little things he does!' or the 'The Fergie rebuild all fell into place with the signing of Carrick'. Both opinions i've seen regularly on CW.
Yeah, I've always been a "Carrick is balls" man.

BBC Sport - Football - Manchester United to sign Mexican striker Hernandez

That was entirely necessary. Anyone know anything about this guy?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have a bone to pick with you, given that Bayern and Hamburg are through to the semi's of the Champions League and Europa League respectively, and that there is one Italian team left in the semi's of the Champions League, does this move Germany ahead of Italy on the UEFA rankings, or do Italy stay ahead of Germany (can't be by much though).
Trouble with the UEFA is that it doesn't seem to show off a nation's league quality.

Shahktar won it recently, but the Ukranian league isn't one of the best in Europe and then you've got finalists like Rangers, Espanyol, Middlesbrough, Celtic and Alaves in recent years.

It's relatively easy to be an average team with some form and go deep into the UEFA/Europa/Whatever competition, but then a class outfit in the final nearly always beats them. Which will happen to Fulham if they make the final.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Doesn't qualify for a work permit but will get one because of the team he's signing for.
Wasn't there some Brazilian centre-back we tried to sign in the 90s that was turned down for a work permit?

In any case, it makes sense to give big clubs some leeway when it come to work permit applications since it's extremely likely that they really are sufficiently good at their profession that they're not taking the work of similar-quality locals.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Wasn't there some Brazilian centre-back we tried to sign in the 90s that was turned down for a work permit?

In any case, it makes sense to give big clubs some leeway when it come to work permit applications since it's extremely likely that they really are sufficiently good at their profession that they're not taking the work of similar-quality locals.
Celio Silva was his name IIRC. Deal was as good as done, but despite being a pretty regular Brazil international he'd not played a high enough % of their internationals in that time frame, so no dice.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

No it doesn't, rules should either be obeyed or discontinued

Last edited: