• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Six Nations

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Scots' back-row and Parks have all been immense today. The Scottish ten isn't Barry John and shouldn't try to play like him. Realised this today and his kicking from hand has pinned the Leekists back at every turn.

Crucial phase of play here. Welsh need to score, really.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good old nilwit penalty there, diving over a guy who's turned the wrong way so you'll get the ball anyway.

Thought England had the monopoly on those.

Scaly piscine

Kept their composure my ****ing arse. They ****ing hoofed it down the field with 2 ****ing man advantage and got lucky with the bounce.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If anyone wants to know what a choke is, that is a choke. Sweaties just lost their head/nerve/bollocks with the finish line in sight.

Scaly piscine

Yea that's the turning point fluking a win against the 2nd worst team at home, now they might reach the giddy heights of 2 or even 3 wins out of 5 against northern hemisphere ****e.

Useless choking jockish wankers.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I actually hate the Welsh so much, it's unbelievable. 2 flukey tries at the hands of a bunch of morons and they only scored the second one because the ref didn't see that the time was 80:17 when they took the kick off....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Why the **** the Sweaties didn't just boot the ko straight out and take the draw is a question that needs answering too.

With 13 v 15 there was never going to be a happy ending with more play.

Matteh

I actually hate the Welsh so much, it's unbelievable. 2 flukey tries at the hands of a bunch of morons and they only scored the second one because the ref didn't see that the time was 80:17 when they took the kick off....
My view is that in order to punish Scotland effectively for the yellow card, he allowed one more passage of play, especially given the cynical nature of the the foul.

Why the **** the Sweaties didn't just boot the ko straight out and take the draw is a question that needs answering too.

With 13 v 15 there was never going to be a happy ending with more play.
And yeah, kick it straight out, no time for the scrum, end of. Blame it on the fact that neither Parks, Godman or Paterson were there, so someone who wasn't used to kicking must've taken it.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really didn't expect much from Ireland this week, France away is usually the most difficult game every two seasons and we don't look especially strong.

lol scotland

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well that was dire.

We're too rigid, against teams like (no disrespect intended) Italy we really must show more ambition. Kicked away so much possession and, as Jonny had a rare off day with the boot, we nearly paid for it.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, job done for England I reckon. Italy have a habit of making opposing sides look worse than they are, while always making sure they give away a few more points than they score. Wouldn't scoff at a victory in Rome.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Running 6/6 on tips so far, so see if I can end the good work tonight:

Wales to beat France by 6

Yer Welsh were spawny in the extreme when stealing the game from the gallant sweaties and France looked imperious against Ireland, but I still fancy the Taffs. Parra & Trinh-Duc are a v young half pairing and the latter will have Martyn Williams on his case all game tonight. Roberts versus Bastereaud a huge match up in the centres and think Jamie can hold his own. Expect lots of high balls to test the occasionally suspect Poitrenaud.

Scotland to beat Italy by 9

Italians have worried (and indeed beaten) yer Sweaties more than once, but their backs are very limited. It'll be dour, but Parks and the Scots back row should see them home.

England to beat Ireland by 12

Both teams have points to prove after week 2, but England at home with WIlko to kick his points should see us home.