• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier, UAE 2010

Who do u think will qualify? (Pls Select Min & Max of 2)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steulen

International Regular
I felt it was disrespectful toward our player and their achievements, i felt you tried to undermine their tremendous success by saying its a Pakistan b team...

Anyway good luck:)

Maybe we will face each other again later today:)
Ah, the Pakistan B thing. Intended as a friendly jibe at how the Afghan cricket team came to be. Apologies nonetheless. And congratulations!

elmadrid

Cricket Spectator
Ah, the Pakistan B thing. Intended as a friendly jibe at how the Afghan cricket team came to be. Apologies nonetheless. And congratulations!
okay then I misinterpreted your post...

Well thanks and good start by the dutch to remove porterfield.

Hope to lose the final against you.:happy:

Stapel

International Regular
151 for Ireland. I would have hoped for a more modest target, but this is still chasable.

We DO need a Szwarczynski birthday innings!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I just read this.

The winners of the final will be placed in Group C alongside India and South Africa in the World Twenty20 while the losers will go into Group D with West Indies and England

Is either team actually going to even try and win the final??

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Netherlands staring down the barrel here. If Ireland had Rankin to add to their bowling depth they'd have a pretty good attack.

Stapel

International Regular
Netherlands staring down the barrel here. If Ireland had Rankin to add to their bowling depth they'd have a pretty good attack.
Losing two wickets in the forst over is not helping......

But we do have a very good batting line-up. Given this is a B-team tourney, we have some strong batters AND some depth.

Stapel

International Regular
I just read this.

Is either team actually going to even try and win the final??
TBH, from where either Afghanistan, Ireland or Holland are, the difference between Eng, Ind, SA or WI are relatively small.

Apart from that, I can imagine, when having the opportunity to play with the big guys, one rather plays with the really big guys!

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
see...i come and watch...and zuiderent goes out....
i'm gonna do some shopping just not to see this hahaha..

AaronK

State Regular
The Afghan Team..

I have a feeling that we have an upset on hand this up coming 20/20 World Cup..

The Afghan Team is going to Rock the world of Cricket..

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TBH, from where either Afghanistan, Ireland or Holland are, the difference between Eng, Ind, SA or WI are relatively small.

Apart from that, I can imagine, when having the opportunity to play with the big guys, one rather plays with the really big guys!
Not really in this case, because for obvious reasons we'd rather have a shot at England than any of the other teams.

Would be good to finally beat Afghanistan though, they've really had the wood on us since their emergence.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Shocking how Afghanistan can quality. The comparative difference between, for example, Ireland and Afghanistan is facilities is not even a fair question to ask.

But Ireland clearly the cream of the crop of the associate sides. I hope they gain full Test membership within the next five-ten years. There is no point in having these competitions if you never allow a side to get above the associate level.

I wonder what Ireland would think of hosting or touring the domestic champions of other countries. I'd love to see something like that to help them develop further - I think if you can be on an even keel with a really good domestic side, I reckon you're good enough to start playing Tests. Maybe Ireland can even play as one of the sides in something like the Duleep or Ranji Trophy. It'd be great to have the Indian Duleep winner, or the 'A' team visit Ireland for a full tour of 3-5 FC, 3-5 ODI and a couple T20 matches.

Obviously, I don't know much about the logistics and/or money issues, but that'd be awesome. It'd help everyone - expose young cricketers from the subcontinent to other conditions, and help Ireland develop.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Afghanistan getting into the T20 world cup is the most heart warming story I have seen.Great performance by them. Truly deserve their place. Every few months I read about them beating Ireland or Scotland or some other big team. Hope they become a pretty good team.