• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa

King Pietersen

International Captain
Morkel looked in alot of pain after the last few deliveries of that over, definitely looked to be more than just a blister, or his boots being abit tight. Hopefully he's ok, was really enjoying the battle between him and Bell, thought he was bowling beautifully. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
what happened?
BBC said:
Morkel cruising in with the easy speed and menace of a tiger shark - short, fast, climbing into Bell's gloves - the ball spins away, high, Duminy goes full length on the dash round from point - has he caught it? The South Africans are celebrating, but Duminy's shrugging his shoulders - let's have a look - get out of it, he's spilled it as he landed and then rolled over the ball twice before it lodges in the crook of his elbow. Roars of anger from the England fans, and the atmosphere out there could poison a rhino.
Not gonna add my comments, as they'd be a tad rude.

Scaly piscine

Hard to get interested in this game after the ****ing disgraceful treatment of Onions. First they keep giving the new ball to bloody Broad over him, then when they do finally give him the new ball it's only for a pathetic 4 over spell when he's renown for bowling long spells for Durham. He comprehensively outbowls the other seamers apart from the last Test where he wasn't at his best but it was a pretty dead pitch anyway bar the new ball period and the first morning. Regardless he saves two Tests in the series with the bat. Now he gets dropped for a guy who hasn't shown he's match fit.

****ing disgraceful. Absolutely ****ing disgraceful.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Bell gone. Jaffer from Steyn though, can't really complain about Bell's shot selection there, really jagged in off the seam. Superb bowling, we're in real trouble now!

Scaly still enjoying supporting England....

social

Hard to get interested in this game after the ****ing disgraceful treatment of Onions. First they keep giving the new ball to bloody Broad over him, then when they do finally give him the new ball it's only for a pathetic 4 over spell when he's renown for bowling long spells for Durham. He comprehensively outbowls the other seamers apart from the last Test where he wasn't at his best but it was a pretty dead pitch anyway bar the new ball period and the first morning. Regardless he saves two Tests in the series with the bat. Now he gets dropped for a guy who hasn't shown he's match fit.

****ing disgraceful. Absolutely ****ing disgraceful.
Tough luck but he's hardly Glenn McGrath

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
The mad thing is Aussie, I reckon the pitch would have suited Onions too.
Definately. But going into the series as i argued way back i sort of felt such a surface would arrive somewhere based on seeing past series in SA (most recently AUS tour last year) - thus this surface to date seems like the "horses for courses" condition for Harmo.

Anderson is already the swing bowler. So if they could drop Onions for Sidebottom here, Harmo would have been a better replacement for this one test alone.

grecian

Did you see the incident? He wasn't sure if the ball had held up as he fell.

He didn't claim it, and Smith went straight to the umpires to ask them to review it.
Yes I did and they shouldn't of reviewed it, they should of withdrawn the appeal, because it bounced on the floor about 4 times. They were just hoping the camera hadn't picked it up.

Anyway, Steyn and Morkel have bowled really well, shame that we're going to get bowled out by a two-man attack though. Not as frustrated as normal by an England batting display, not many of 'em have thrown it away, like normal.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Definately. But going into the series as i argued way back i sort of felt such a surface would arrive somewhere based on seeing past series in SA (most recently AUS tour last year) - thus this surface to date seems like the "horses for courses" condition for Harmo.

Anderson is already the swing bowler. So if they could drop Onions for Sidebottom here, Harmo would have been a better replacement for this one test alone.
Not Mark Davies then?

Prior gone as well. This is a laughable batting display. Bell and Collingwood the only 2 batsmen to show any grit or detirmination. Really could do with Swanneh coming in and smacking a triple century.

Kyle

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yes I did and they shouldn't of reviewed it, they should of withdrawn the appeal, because it bounced on the floor about 4 times. They were just hoping the camera hadn't picked it up.

Anyway, Steyn and Morkel have bowled really well, shame that we're going to get bowled out by a two-man attack though. Not as frustrated as normal by an England batting display, not many of 'em have thrown it away, like normal.
It didn't bounce on the floor four times. You really think you can see that, whilst flying through the air?

How about Prince's refered dismissal when the bat was a foot away from the ball? By your rules, surely England appealing was cheating? They'd have a much better chance of seeing that.

Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater

:laugh:Rubbish. He wasn't looking at the ball when it dropped on the ground and could easily have figured it caught in his clothes when he felt it back after popping out.

grecian

Yeah, I'm probably wrong, but I reckon he knew he dropped it, doesn't really matter anymore, TBH.:(