• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Possible Re-Launch of Grade

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At this stage we have 92 players signed up to Dev League teams, and with an odd number only 44 play on each match day. So ideally I'd like some sort of grade competiton to run so people who may not be first choice get a chance to play.

Basically it could be tough for me to do everything with this so I'd like to see who is willing to help with the running of this and what they can do.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
At this stage we have 92 players signed up to Dev League teams, and with an odd number only 44 play on each match day. So ideally I'd like some sort of grade competiton to run so people who may not be first choice get a chance to play.

Basically it could be tough for me to do everything with this so I'd like to see who is willing to help with the running of this and what they can do.
I have ITC and would be willing to help if I can.

Eds

International Debutant
I'd be willing to help out with a small part of stats collection or something similar?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As long as we keep it to ITC, the program I created to track stats for CricSim should work awesomely here. If whoever's simming it just fires off an email to me every round containing all the scorecards I'll be able to keep up to date stats on all individual things other than catches and stumpings. It'd only take me about two minutes each round to recalculate and post an update.

Alternatively I send the program to the simmer but it's not particularly user-friendly as it stands and it doesn't work on Vista so I'd have to make a few changes to it.

Simon

If this is to get off the ground I'll need someone or some people to volunteer to do the simming. I can put together the databases and fixtures etc... but I'll need someone else to look after simming the games, posting results, doing stats. Perhaps a few people might want to take it on board so it can be a group effort.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
If nobody else wants to i may be able to help out, depends on the workload....

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If this is to get off the ground I'll need someone or some people to volunteer to do the simming. I can put together the databases and fixtures etc... but I'll need someone else to look after simming the games, posting results, doing stats. Perhaps a few people might want to take it on board so it can be a group effort.
Well I've got stats covered other than catches and stumpings. I'll sim as many games as you want me to as long as someone else figures out the lineups for me. :p

Simon

I'm thinking Grade will be run a little differently to make it a lot easier on those who run it. What I'd propose is that each Dev League captain nominate 8 or 9 players from their squad to play grade for the season (can still play Dev League) and those games will be played on non Dev League match days. So basically with the exception of injuries it will be the same line ups for all the games and we'll have about 3 rounds a week. All matches will be 3 day games.

I'm expecting that the players nominated by the captains will be the ones that will get less game time in Dev League and are also the inexperienced ones, anyone with international experience will be ineligible to play grade.

Thoughts on this?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sounds a good idea, I would suggest that a good season would give a player an ability boost for the next season as the benefit of regular games, albeit at a lower level.

David

International 12th Man
Sounds good, although perhaps they nominate every quarter? Rather than for the entire season? Food for thought.

Definitely limit it to 3 day games, ITC.

Simon

Sounds good, although perhaps they nominate every quarter? Rather than for the entire season? Food for thought.

Definitely limit it to 3 day games, ITC.
Yeh thats a possibility, although maybe it could be split half and half as the dev league season game wise is only 15 rounds (12 games per side per form).

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure about the international thing. There some internationals that are average in one form and will need some grade cricket to play regular in that form. De Silva for example has played ODIs, but wasn't a first choice player in FC last season. There are quite a few players like that.

Simon

Yeh was just an idea, if this is the way to go I'll leave it up the discretion of the captains and I'd hope they'll use their better judgement to give the guys who will get less game time than others a go in grade.

Simon

Database and schedules are done, basically just need someone to volunteer to sim the matches (around three times a week) and post the scorecards and stats. It's not a terribly time consuming job and I cant see it being more than half an hour a match day.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Database and schedules are done, basically just need someone to volunteer to sim the matches (around three times a week) and post the scorecards and stats. It's not a terribly time consuming job and I cant see it being more than half an hour a match day.
If someone explains how I get ITC to sim 3 day matches, I could give it a bash.

I don't have a great deal of free time, so I'd be prepared to do it if you can't get anyone else.

Simon

If someone explains how I get ITC to sim 3 day matches, I could give it a bash.

I don't have a great deal of free time, so I'd be prepared to do it if you can't get anyone else.
Simple, go to the match options and change the day number to 3.