• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

pasag

RTDAS
It's a pity the match is a dead rubber, no hype, no one cares. Seems like people are more interested in the Big Bash.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Wth is that about, Kamran should play Umar should play we play our best team and if we go down we go down with pride.

Fusion

Global Moderator
EMBATTLED Pakistan has plunged into a fresh crisis amid accusations that young batsman Umar Akmal tried to pull out of the Hobart Test in protest at the sacking of older brother Kamran.

The Herald Sun can reveal some Pakistan players suspected Umar may have feigned an injury after he declared himself unfit for the third Test, starting Thursday.

"I'm not playing, I have a side strain," Umar, 19, told the Herald Sun at the team's hotel yesterday morning.

The development came just 24 hours after his brother, Kamran, and Pakistan cricket officials were at loggerheads over who would keep in the Test, with the national board insisting replacement keeper Sarfraz Ahmad would play.

But fearing Umar was faking injury yesterday in protest at his brother's treatment, Pakistan sent him for medical scans, which revealed no obvious injury.

Umar was passed fit and told he must play even though he later claimed he still had muscle tightness.

To add to the confusion, Kamran maintained his brother had a "back problem" and Umar sat out training at Bellerive Oval yesterday.

When told yesterday that Umar had declared himself unfit, Australian skipper Ricky Ponting said: "It might be in protest. It's a strange situation. Umar has looked their second best batsman behind (Mohammad) Yousuf."

In another twist, Kamran will have a say in whether he plays in Hobart because, as vice-captain, as he is part of the four-man selection committee, along with captain Yousuf, coach Intikhab Alam and team manager Abdul Raqeeb.
Then **** him and **** his brother and we should drop them both. If we're going to lose anyway, why not lose without the prima donna's? I’m tired of all these selfish pricks who look out only for themselves and never want to improve their performances by taking responsibility. **** them all.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
EMBATTLED Pakistan has plunged into a fresh crisis amid accusations that young batsman Umar Akmal tried to pull out of the Hobart Test in protest at the sacking of older brother Kamran.

The Herald Sun can reveal some Pakistan players suspected Umar may have feigned an injury after he declared himself unfit for the third Test, starting Thursday.

"I'm not playing, I have a side strain," Umar, 19, told the Herald Sun at the team's hotel yesterday morning.

The development came just 24 hours after his brother, Kamran, and Pakistan cricket officials were at loggerheads over who would keep in the Test, with the national board insisting replacement keeper Sarfraz Ahmad would play.

But fearing Umar was faking injury yesterday in protest at his brother's treatment, Pakistan sent him for medical scans, which revealed no obvious injury.

Umar was passed fit and told he must play even though he later claimed he still had muscle tightness.

To add to the confusion, Kamran maintained his brother had a "back problem" and Umar sat out training at Bellerive Oval yesterday.

When told yesterday that Umar had declared himself unfit, Australian skipper Ricky Ponting said: "It might be in protest. It's a strange situation. Umar has looked their second best batsman behind (Mohammad) Yousuf."

In another twist, Kamran will have a say in whether he plays in Hobart because, as vice-captain, as he is part of the four-man selection committee, along with captain Yousuf, coach Intikhab Alam and team manager Abdul Raqeeb.
Haha, that is so totally unprofessional.

Howsie

International Captain

Ridiculous

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Love how Kamran can pick himself :p. And Yousuf would lose Kamran forever if he votes against him.

I don't understand the logic of having players in the selection committee, even the captain. The captain should work closely with the selection committee and give his thoughts to the selectors in private, but should not be a voting member.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Love how Kamran can pick himself :p. And Yousuf would lose Kamran forever if he votes against him.

I don't understand the logic of having players in the selection committee, even the captain. The captain should work closely with the selection committee and give his thoughts to the selectors in private, but should not be a voting member.
Should go even further than that and have a separate selection panel i.e. no coach involved either. When Bobby Simpson was coach of OZ, was felt his favourites tended to get selected so when he finished up, the new coach (Geoff Marsh, from memory) wasn't included on the selection panel and neither was anyone else from that point onwards.

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
This happened with England to some extent, iirc, when Geraint Jones had a say in whether to pick himself, because he was on the leadership group.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This happened with England to some extent, iirc, when Geraint Jones had a say in whether to pick himself, because he was on the leadership group.
Yeah, but while that part of the story is a bit of a mess, it's at least somewhat understandable. Pietersen didn't fake an injury when Jones was dropped.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Remember talking to Faras Ghani (a sports journalist) a couple of years back. I asked him about any good young batsman he mentioned Umer Akmal but he said he's a 17 yr old with a 7 yr old brain and he was not just talking about his cricket but the general stuff he does and the lads in his team always end up taking him for a ride.

I think this currrent episode with his brother might have taken him on an emotional roller coaster and he might have gotten carried away with it.