• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Xuhaib

International Coach
Gul if in form has a good chance of making it to the Aussie side. And I'm sure Kaneria would be preferred over Haurtiz.
I was talking about this specific game also a bit harsh on Ajmal he had a bad game but I still think he is better then Hauritz.

even if YK,Gul and Danish comes back Aus would still be the favourites this just shows the gulf in the two teams.

subshakerz

International Coach
60,000 at the MCG might do that to you. It's not really the crowd either, but can imagine from the middle of such a huge fortress it might feel a little intimidating. I remember the huge Twenty20 Indian collapse here a few years back now, that was all due to atmosphere.
That's why its called test cricket. It's just that this Aussie bowling lineup, while good, shouldn't inspire this type of fear. Giving Hauritz a fifer is a bit too much.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Wasn't impressed with Ajmal, he bowls a bit flat for my liking, although I was less impressed with yet another lifeless pitch. I was looking forward to Asif, Gul, Aamer testing the aussie batsmen. I think bowling is their strength. They desperately need Younis

subshakerz

International Coach
even if YK,Gul and Danish comes back Aus would still be the favourites this just shows the gulf in the two teams.
The gulf really is in batting and fielding. The bigger issue is also that Australia are simply more used to playing test cricket, have a more settled side, a more experienced captain, more of a mean streak, etc.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Came very close to heading to the MCG today because I thought it'd be kind of close, and had a funny feeling Pakistan may give Aust a real scare.

Glad I didn't tbh :ph34r:

Great effort from Australia.

pasag

RTDAS
Came very close to heading to the MCG today because I thought it'd be kind of close, and had a funny feeling Pakistan may give Aust a real scare.

Glad I didn't tbh :ph34r:

Great effort from Australia.
Would have burnt your hair off tbh. Crazy out there.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This Pakistani batting is ridiculously fragile. If only the partition had never occurred - the best result of that would have been an actual balanced team.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This Pakistani batting is ridiculously fragile. If only the partition had never occurred - the best result of that would have been an actual balanced team.
Would be an awesome team really.

Gambhir
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Yousuf
Laxman
Dhoni
Harbhajan
Zaheer
Aamer
Asif

Younis wouldn't make the team even if he was available, nor would Umar Akmal. That's pretty insane.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Would be an awesome team really.

Gambhir
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Yousuf
Laxman
Dhoni
Harbhajan
Zaheer
Aamer
Asif

Younis wouldn't make the team even if he was available, nor would Umar Akmal. That's pretty insane.
Younis or Laxman is a toss up also Kaneria to get ahead of bhajji in Aus or SA.
where is the Yuvi:p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Even at the time of the partition and immediately after the best new ball bowlers were Mohammad Nissar(though Nissar was past his prime), Khan Mohammad and Fazal Mehmood. This never changed as they went on to Sarfaraz, Imran, Wasim, Waqar, Shoaib and now Asif and Aamir while we had to make do with Dattu Phadkar, Ramesh Divecha, Ramakant Desai, Madan Lal, Karsan Ghavri, Roger Binny, Chetan Sharma, Prabhakar, Venkatesh Prasad, Zaheer and Ishant. Kapil and Srinath are the only two of genuine class since Nissar and Amar Singh and that was three quarters of a century ago.

India has suffered more in this period for Pakistani batting has been so bad only in recent times. Hence Pakistan's better results overall in Test cricket for much of the time since 1947.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Younis or Laxman is a toss up also Kaneria to get ahead of bhajji in Aus or SA.
Yeah, fair. I left Younis out because his form was really poor before he pulled the pin, although it's very reasonable suggest the internal struggles played a large part in that. I personally rate him as a better bat than Laxman when he's in his usual sort of form so it's a fair call. Still though, we'd have Laxman not making the team which is just as impressive. :p

Xuhaib

International Coach
Even at the time of the partition and immediately after the best new ball bowlers were Mohammad Nissar, Gul Mohammad and Fazal Mehmood. This never changed as they went on to Sarfaraz, Imran, Wasim, Waqar, Shoaib and now Asif and Aamir while we had to make do with Dattu Phadkar, Ramesh Divecha, Ramakant Desai, Madan Lal, Karsan Ghavri, Roger Binny, Chetan Sharma, Prabhakar, Venkatesh Prasad, Zaheer and Ishant. Kapil and Srinath are the only two of genuine class since Nissar and Amar Singh and that was three quarters of a century ago.

India has suffered more in this period for Pakistani batting has been so bad only in recent times. Hence Pakistan's better results overall in Test cricket for much of the time since 1947.
Yeah but the thing is things are going up for India while Pak is declining further and further it pains me to see that talentless guys like Farhat and Faisal can make the playing XI just because they have relatives sitting in the PCB office.

Also in your post you missed Khan Mohammad my dad says he was the quickets till Imran Khan arrived.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but the thing is things are going up for India while Pak is declining further and further it pains me to see that talentless guys like Farhat and Faisal can make the playing XI just because they have relatives sitting in the PCB office.

Also in your post you missed Khan Mohammad my dad says he was the quickets till Imran Khan arrived.
My mistake. I meant Khan Mohammad when I typed Gul Mohammad. Gul Mohd was more a batsman though he bowled a bit too.

In the 60's I played against some old timers for a few years in Delhi who swore by the pace of Khan Mohammad. He must have really been something.

subshakerz

International Coach
Even at the time of the partition and immediately after the best new ball bowlers were Mohammad Nissar(though Nissar was past his prime), Khan Mohammad and Fazal Mehmood. This never changed as they went on to Sarfaraz, Imran, Wasim, Waqar, Shoaib and now Asif and Aamir while we had to make do with Dattu Phadkar, Ramesh Divecha, Ramakant Desai, Madan Lal, Karsan Ghavri, Roger Binny, Chetan Sharma, Prabhakar, Venkatesh Prasad, Zaheer and Ishant. Kapil and Srinath are the only two of genuine class since Nissar and Amar Singh and that was three quarters of a century ago.
When you look back decades from now, Imran Khan's emergence and influence may have been an aberration in Pakistan's cricket history. He could have been just another medium pace trundler but had to leave the system and develop as a pure fast bowler in England. Then of course his leadership had to circumvent the failed cricket structure in Pakistan time and again. He left a legacy of relying on fast bowlers and aggressive cricket. After he left the scene, Pakistan had sporadic success with lack of leadership and discipline but still enjoyed the services of those players he picked/mentored (Wasim, Waqar, Musthaq, Anwar, Inzi, Moin) along with an aggressive streak. With Inzi gone, so was the last vestige of Imran's influence and Pakistan has entered the post-Imran era.

The failures of Pakistan's cricket system are now catching up with the team's performance in a major way and you can only rely on pure talent like we did in the past for so much so long. Though thankfully, the presence of fast bowlers seems to have stuck. Unless you get a better system or a truly inspirational and uniting leader, Pakistan cricket is destined to remain inconsistent and not reflective of its potential.

Last edited:
Yeah but the thing is things are going up for India while Pak is declining further and further it pains me to see that PCB office.talentless guys like Farhat and Faisal can make the playing XI just because they have relatives sitting in the

Those two aren't as bad as they are made out. The one who is seriously bad and undeserving of a place in the side imo is Misbah.Pakistan's problem isn't that they have got a crap team, it's that they fail to maintain their intensity for a long period of time.