• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in India

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India's 100th test win :)

Definite :lol: that we didn't see a 5th day. Just rams it in even more.

R_D

International Debutant
:laugh:

Good win...... Good performance all round..... saw the highlights.. Sreesanth was pretty impressive.. Great win :)

Flat pitch indeed...

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Congrats to India on their 100th test win. They proved me wrong. After the first two days, I thought this was going ot be another dull draw. I am not sure about the state of the pitch as I havent seen the match but if India can notch up 640 plus in the match, the pitch cant change all that much within 1 day?
was it poor shot selection or terrific bowling?

Sir Alex

Banned
Congrats to India on their 100th test win. They proved me wrong. After the first two days, I thought this was going ot be another dull draw. I am not sure about the state of the pitch as I havent seen the match but if India can notch up 640 plus in the match, the pitch cant change all that much within 1 day?
was it poor shot selection or terrific bowling?
The pitch is slightly in favor of the batsman. Indian batsmen used it superbly. Sri lanka bowled quite badly. Sreesanth was splendid while the spinners were economical which added to the pressure. Lankan batsmen I think wilted under pressure exerted by the spinners and gifted wickets. This is a comprehensive win by India. Congratulations to the team.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Congrats India.. Now hopefully most of these guys can learn something from the likes of Sachin and Dravid and keep their feet firmly on the ground.

I hope this is not like when we became #1 in ODIs and then sucked in two series... :( Sri Lanka are a good team and quite capable of coming back hard at us, esp. on a flat track. I am still hoping for a seamer coz I think that wud be our best shot.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
BTW, Gambhir to miss out on the next test as his sis' wedding is happening around the same time. Chance for Vijay I guess...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Great Game and win for India.

Sangakkara: "It was a very good wicket. A bit in it for a few overs. It got slower and slower and made it a bit difficult to bat on.."

Dhoni: "The wicket was quite good. Nothing even close to what we played on in Ahmedabad. The grass was kept on the track throughout. It started to turn a bit on the first day and kept a little low. "

Cruxdude

International Debutant
It was Sreesanths bowling and the spinners display that won us the game. Free runs weren't given away (atleast until the last day) and this increased the pressure.

Now comes he tough part, winning the series at Mumbai. Good chance for Vijay. He could eventually end up partnering Gambhir giving Sehwag his position in the middle order.