• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in India

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
While separating Sehwag and Gambhir is indeed not a great idea. I would surely like one of them to come down the order and strengthen the batting once the trinity retire. Three new faces with Yuvi makes me a bit queasy.
Why would you want the trinity to retire together? I'd say, let them play. They can be phased out (or will leave) at different times, and I guess they're aware of it. In the meanwhile, one place can be opened up for a newcomer, and they should stick to one for a long time, form slump notwithstanding. It will take time.

Besides, the Indians have still not found a replacement for Kapil Dev and Manoj Prabhakar, or even Anil Kumble (or maybe they threw that replacement aside inexplicably) in this team. But they seem to cope well with that, so why not the trinity? One of those three is already on his way out.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Why would you want the trinity to retire together? I'd say, let them play. They can be phased out (or will leave) at different times, and I guess they're aware of it. In the meanwhile, one place can be opened up for a newcomer, and they should stick to one for a long time, form slump notwithstanding. It will take time.
Don't think he's wanting the trinity to retire together, just stating that at some point over the next 3 years they will all retire.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
If Murali has another poor test, how will this performance in IND go down in comparison with Warne's record in IND?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel Murali is regaining form. he has discovered his old dip and flight, and the ball that got Gambhir is a good example of it. He is ripping it a bit more as well. If he gets suitable conditions, for the last time, he may run through Indian batting line up.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I think if/when the time comes where India have two openers averaging in the fifties but an untested and perhaps fragile middle order, you'd want to ease their pressure by ensuring a good start more times than not. That makes it easier for the middle anyway and if the order is indeed fragile, you'd want to protect them from the new ball, as most of the new players are likely better at playing spin then they would be facing 150+ kph new ball bowlers.
Lol, as if that ever happens.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Interesting match ahead. Test match after 36 years at the stadium. Pitch seems to be a pretty good one for a result. No 1 ranking at stake.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Got a bad feeling about Murali. Might come up with something special this match.
Ha ye just rolled outta my bed here & saw Ojha spin two big ones past Jayawardene. Very good signs for Murali.

How come they not playing @ the Wankhede stadium?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hey Aussie, just checking before Sehwag bats if the pitch is considered flat or not? Thanks in advance.

arcane

Cricket Spectator
Commentary in these matches have been awful. You would think that the amount of money these people make they'd hire at least someone who can speak English.