• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I can't understand the hype behind Shocking. Was beaten comfortably by Alcopop in the Herbert Power - it's just the fact he won the Lexus that he's back in people's calculations. He's half a kilo worse off than when the last time they both met. That said, he'll probably come out and win...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Confirmation the race starts at 3pm AEDT?

Having an argument in the office, one person is adament it's 2pm AEDT and now I'm utterly confused.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Having an argument in the office, one person is adament it's 2pm AEDT and now I'm utterly confused.
3 pm, thereby stuffing up parents pcking kids up from school.

You should see the stuff in Sydney this morning. Honestly, they should dress like that every day imo.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
3 pm, thereby stuffing up parents pcking kids up from school.

You should see the stuff in Sydney this morning. Honestly, they should dress like that every day imo.
Surely the kids would stay back at school and have an afternoon tea or something while watching the Cup? If not, that's unAustralian.

How the hell are we going to get our next Glen Boss or Damian Oliver if the kids don't watch the race? :)

ripper868

International Coach
Allez Wonder ftw.

Confirm 3pm AEDT

2pm Queensland time, late lunch at the pub, may not return to work afterwards.

howardj

International Coach
Wow, some of the dresses around here are breath-taking.

Even our rotund receptionist looks nice.

_Ed_

The horses I pick to win the Melbourne Cup have an amazing knack of finishing third - C'est La Guerre, Mahler, Maybe Better, Xcellent...

I'm firmly in the Daffodil camp today. I think she can go two better than all of those did.

ripper868

International Coach
Allez Wonder ftw.

Confirm 3pm AEDT

2pm Queensland time, late lunch at the pub, may not return to work afterwards.
Sadly pub lunch did not eventuate...Picking the winner did though, always pays to back more than one horse...$80 profit, beers on the weekend.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I can't understand the hype behind Shocking. Was beaten comfortably by Alcopop in the Herbert Power - it's just the fact he won the Lexus that he's back in people's calculations. He's half a kilo worse off than when the last time they both met. That said, he'll probably come out and win...
Ouch.

Was on Shocking myself, so happy.

luffy

International Captain
Going shockingly bad today,,,

However thanks to Majestic Music i've only lost $20, and i've been putting $20 on every race so far...

Burgey

Nah **** him.

****ing blind hete. Lunch ovetrlooking harbour. Didn't win but who gives a ****?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What a dud event.

I ended up going each way on Mourilyan, so will end up pretty much even.