• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2009

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not sure exactly, but I think it's 96 overs in a day and Yorkshire had 54 (rounded up) plus 2 for change of innings. So that would leave 40. Shouldn't be too far off give or take. Obviously there's probably time for more than that.

Ah ffs.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not sure exactly, but I think it's 96 overs in a day and Yorkshire had 54 (rounded up) plus 2 for change of innings. So that would leave 40. Shouldn't be too far off give or take. Obviously there's probably time for more than that.
Thanks scaly. The Sussex messageboard is saying 40, John Lees (local radio commentator) says 39.

Why ffs, btw?

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Live BBC local radio commentary

The quality of the commentary isn't great - they're asserting with great certainty this is in effect a Pro40 game, except that Yorkshire can bowl who they want.

Er, no it's not, there are no powerplays, no fielding restrictions and the umpires will be much more forgiving in relation to wides. In light of this, it would be a great achievement if Sussex could pull it off.

fredfertang

2 down for 40 - not studied the table for fear Lanky may still have something to worry about- when do you think Sussex will settle for the draw Mr Z?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Sussex are relegated aren't they?

Looking at the Yorkshire side, I'm not unhappy to see them stay up. Nine home-grown players, only two of them over 30. Plus another English youngster on international duty of course. As for Sussex, 83 ao is dire enough, but after reaching 37-0 it's downright comical.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Sussex are relegated if they lose this, aren't they?

Looking at the Yorkshire side, I'm not unhappy to see them stay up. Nine home-grown players, only two of them over 30. Plus another English youngster on international duty of course. As for Sussex. 83-9 is dire enough, but after reaching 37-0 it's downright comical.
All out in 25.3 overs... ouch.

Wouldn't be relegated yet, they'd need a big bonus points win and another result to strongly go their way.

Last edited:

fredfertang

No evidence to suggest Yardy was seeking to farm the strike either - odd, although to be fair he did rather have the rug pulled from under his feet

Scaly piscine

Code:
Teams		Mat	Won	Lost	Tied	Draw	Aban	Pts
Hampshire	15	3	3	0	9	0	158
Yorkshire	15	2	2	0	11	0	156
Lancashire	15	3	2	0	10	0	154
Sussex		15	2	5	0	8	0	139
Lancashire v Warwickshire at Manchester
Sep 23-26 (10:30 local, 09:30 GMT)
Notts v Sussex at Nottingham
Yorkshire v Hampshire at Leeds

So just to summarise:

If Hampshire get 3 points they're safe.
If Yorkshire get 6 points they're safe (tie-breakers would work against them).
If Lancashire get 7 points they're safe.

Sussex need to win and get as many bonus points as possible. For each point out of the maximum of 22 they drop that's one less the other sides need to reach survival.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Desperate stuff, what a way to get (effectively) relegated. Humiliation and misery. Congrats to Yorkshire though. See you in 2 years' time I hope.

Off now to drown my sorrows :(

Last edited:

fredfertang

Desperate stuff, what a way to get (effectively) relegated. Humiliation and misery. Congrats to Yorkshire though. See you in 2 years' time I hope.

Off now to drown my sorrows :(
No No Mr Z - surely you mean wet the baby's head .................................... again

'tis a time for merriment and **** the cricket

anyway I still think Pushy might save you

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Thankfully we'll get the draw points, can't see us getting a result at OT in near october..just need to get a few bonus points

fredfertang

Just forced myself to study the table for the first time in a while - bizarre that Lancs could go down despite having the same number of wins as the runners up - shows the value of batting better in the first innings than the second I suppose