• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Athletics Champs

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Is looking a bit blokey really enough to get a gender test? Fair enough I suppose if they want to do the test after the race, but not bringing this up a few hours before the most important race of her life.
Earlier, they did gender tests of everyone. A girl on Swedish telly said she actually preferred that, removed any doubts. Apparently they "just" do chromosomal testing, though, which begs the question of what they do with XXY "girls"...

Also, ftr, I have a more well-developed chest than Semenya...

The world record on the 800 ladies is , of course, held by this legend:

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think the IOC dropped the *** test requirement for the very reason that some people who appear to be of one gender do have other than XX or XY chromosomes.

IAAF lagging behind it seems.

Although, in my utterly inexpert judgement, I'd say Caster certianly looks a good candidate for someone who might be intersex.

Matt79

Global Moderator
It was the merv Hughes moustache and Lycra that had bulges where there hadn't been bulges before that prompted this though.

shivfan

Banned
It's good to see the Jamaican veteran Brigitte Foster winning gold in the women's 100 hurdles....

A fitting climax for the twilight of her career.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Wow, just saw that SA chick/guy running last night.. She must be packing meat and 2 veg down there somewhere.. Faster by about 5 seconds than the second place runner..

I'm loving the newspaper billboards here, there is one down the road that says Ek WEET sy's 'n vrou - Afrigter or I KNOW she's a girl - Coach

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Off the back of a google image search, probably.
Dunno, never seen her before. Just looked decent tonight. Doing her little routuine making the crowd silent. Caught me off guard when she was looking down that camera giggling :ph34r:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Insanity. Johnson's 19.32 was rated as one of the records. First Usain beats it, now he takes a wrecking ball to it.

Bradmanesque, tbh.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Haha. Just seen a South African dude on News 24 talking about the bloke/chick say "she has been isolated like she has a leper." Getting pictures of her/him dragging a one around the track on a leash.

shivfan

Banned
Insanity. Johnson's 19.32 was rated as one of the records. First Usain beats it, now he takes a wrecking ball to it.

Bradmanesque, tbh.
It was a truly phenomenal run!
:blink:
Melaine Walker came close to breaking the 400 hurdles for women in taking gold for Jamiaca in that event....