• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

pup11

International Coach
This.

Would like to go on the record on saying how wrong I was on Hilfenhaus for this series. I still have concerns on his bowling in other forms and in other countries, but he has been fantastic this series. The Duke Ball and it's late swing have really made a difference, and Hilf looks a completely different bowler when it's swinging late than from the hand.

Top Cat and others - I was wrong. :thumbsup:
One should take into account that bowlers (the one's with potential) improve as they start playing more and more international cricket in different conditions and gain experience.

There has been a lot of talk that Hilfenhaus won't be successful because the ball swings the ball from hand for him, but its not like he struggles to take wickets or anything, has been one of the most consistent fast bowlers in Australia for a while now, and I guess being around the Australian side and working with Cooley has helped him improve further in the recent months.

I agree he still has a lot to learn, and he definitely needs to do some work on his limited overs bowling, especially his death bowling, but he is long-term prospect AFAIC, and I have no doubt he would be an integral part of the Australian bowling attack for years to come.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Where's Henry Blofeld this Test? He's not on the radio at all. Is it beneath him to go North of London or something? I haven't had an accurate pigeon-on-the-ground count all match.

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Where's Henry Blofeld this Test? He's not on the radio at all. Is it beneath him to go North of London or something? I haven't had an accurate pigeon-on-the-ground count all match.
He hasn't done all the matches for a while, seems to just come in for a couple each summer now.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Kat flying atm, 20 off 23, looks like very nice conditions out there at the moment, no swing, sun is shining, english commentators as biased as ever.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Good decision from Rudi there, in fairness to him. Thigh pad IMHO.

Would be fascinating game if the third day hadn't been rained out. Still might be, but draw warm fav from here.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The morning session is still the main one, when the ball should start to move around. Anything tonight is a bonus although Australia are lucky not to be at least 1 down.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Woot!

Have to admit I was totally wrong about Onions. I didn't think he had a performance as good as this in him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Really bad shot from Katich. No foot movement, played the ball in the wrong decision and picked a ball too short for the drive.