• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

Stapel

International Regular
I just realise that we have only had a half day's play! The 10 wickets really made me feel we were closing in on stumps.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah have to say bit concerned now, I find it hard to believe if its swinging conditions that hilfenhaus can't swing it.
Exactly my thoughts. Particularly with the way the ball was moving for the Poms. Unless the ball got wet yesterday and it effected the shape/size of the ball making it conducive to swing today then there really is no reason why the poms could swing it more.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well Hilf reliably swings it far more than this in FC/ODI games and even in both tests so far.
Dispute that. Have never seen him really hoop it late at pace. Seen plenty of him at state level too. More, yes, but not much more.

Last edited:

B.Scott4England

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Exactly my thoughts. Particularly with the way the ball was moving for the Poms. Unless the ball got wet yesterday and it effected the shape/size of the ball making it conducive to swing today then there really is no reason why the poms could swing it more.
err. The reason would be because Anderson and Onions are infinitely better swing bowlers.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol @ Watto chasing there. Looks like the one ball he faced today has stiffened him up.