• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is anyone watching on TV - does it look like they will still start at 5pm? Trying to decide whether to skulk out of work and get home for the start.
Ponting just ran off to get changed, toss coming

No way of knowing - they're showing the 2005 game. Have just watched Clarke pick a slower-ball but miss it anyway.
:dry: You must be the only person who doesn't rate that delivery

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
England unchanged barring Bell for Pietersen. Will be interesting to see what happens, especially if Oz play out a big first innings, how do we respond to that? Hyped

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
The whole crossed arm thing on the introducing the team thing is so ********, why the hell did they think it was a good idea? Seriously, Ian Bell and Stuart Broad wouldn't be intimidating if they had AK-47s.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The whole crossed arm thing on the introducing the team thing is so ********, why the hell did they think it was a good idea? Seriously, Ian Bell and Stuart Broad wouldn't be intimidating if they had AK-47s.
Cringeworthy, but still, we only have to see it for a few seconds at a time, so it doesn't bother me much.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How does Gower justify calling Broad an all-rounder and not Swann?
Broad's far more of an all-rounder than Swann TBH, because Swann is a much better bowler than Broad, even though he's also a better batsman.

Swann is a quality bowler who bats; Broad is a very poor all-rounder, not very good at batting or bowling.

sephiroth123

Cricket Spectator
Yeah should be fine now for the res tof today and Friday will be interesting, cloud cover really increasing during Friday I'd have thought will make things more interesting for the bowlers, whoever is in at the time.

Need to hope the rainbands that are progged to swing in are weaker then expected if we have any chance of getting a result for one of thse sides.

tooextracool

International Coach
Will England open the bowling again with Flintoff? Personally, I hope they open with Anderson and Onions not just considering that the conditions are injury inducing.

sephiroth123

Cricket Spectator
Will England open the bowling again with Flintoff? Personally, I hope they open with Anderson and Onions not just considering that the conditions are injury inducing.
Totally agree, I'd only give Flintoff a small number of overs and wait for the surface to dry for tomorrow before we really give him more overs.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Broad's far more of an all-rounder than Swann TBH, because Swann is a much better bowler than Broad, even though he's also a better batsman.

Swann is a quality bowler who bats; Broad is a very poor all-rounder, not very good at batting or bowling.
8-)

Firstly, Swann has FC centuries and is handy with the bat, definite case for being a bowling all-rounder.

Secondly, Broad-bashing :sleep1: