• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hobson's choice tho, innit? If you don't want to pay it there's plenty who will. Plus the small grounds creating an artificially high demand, etc...
Of course but it’s only in the UK where this goes on.

My brother wanted to go see the Springboks on the weekend at Durban but SARU are taking the piss with prices, so him and thousands of others (who can easily afford a ticket) thought **** it and now the SARU are given the tickets away in fear of having an empty stadium.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Of course but it’s only in the UK where this goes on.

My brother wanted to go see the Springboks on the weekend at Durban but SARU are taking the piss with prices, so him and thousands of others (who can easily afford a ticket) thought **** it and now the SARU are given the tickets away in fear of having an empty stadium.
It'd be nice if something similar happened over here, but we are great sport watchers as a nation, you only have to look at the waiting lists for season tickets for Prem teams despite the piss-taking prices.

We'll whinge but we'll ultimately pay up.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ponting to call correctly, bat first and have us too many down for not enough? Probs.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Is anyone watching on TV - does it look like they will still start at 5pm? Trying to decide whether to skulk out of work and get home for the start.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Some talk on the Beeb that Hughes will be disciplined for announcing he wouldn't be playing.
I reckon that'd be a bit harsh. I'd definitely be warning him against doing so in future as obviously the balance of the team could affect the balance the opposition goes with I wouldn't "discipline" him based on this one-off. It's not like he gave information to reporters are tried to cover it up; he put his name to it so he probably didn't think he was doing anything wrong.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Hobson's choice tho, innit? If you don't want to pay it there's plenty who will. Plus the small grounds creating an artificially high demand, etc...
Yep, can't really complain about the price for an Ashes test. It's not like it's way out there compared to other top-class entertainment either. Sure, put the prices lower for other matches, but £75 seems okay to me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Is anyone watching on TV - does it look like they will still start at 5pm? Trying to decide whether to skulk out of work and get home for the start.
No way of knowing - they're showing the 2005 game. Have just watched Clarke pick a slower-ball but miss it anyway.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon that'd be a bit harsh. I'd definitely be warning him against doing so in future as obviously the balance of the team could affect the balance the opposition goes with I wouldn't "discipline" him based on this one-off. It's not like he gave information to reporters are tried to cover it up; he put his name to it so he probably didn't think he was doing anything wrong.
Dean Jones, who they asked for comment said the implications of betting would disturb Cricket Australia more than anything.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
"We've taken the opportunity to remind him he needs to wait for the official team announcement,'' an Australian team official said.

"We have reminded Phil he must respect the official announcement by the captain. It's a mistake and it's been accepted and we presume it won't happen again.
'

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yep, can't really complain about the price for an Ashes test. It's not like it's way out there compared to other top-class entertainment either. Sure, put the prices lower for other matches, but £75 seems okay to me.
But they don't, it was over 50 quid to watch that shower the West Indies.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Dean Jones, who they asked for comment said the implications of betting would disturb Cricket Australia more than anything.
That's a really good point. Wish I'd decided to subscribe to Hughes's twitter feed after all, I didn't bother because I thought it looked boring.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
About to have the Edgbaston denounement - just had it in fact - so we should find-out the latest any minute...

I had my usual "Brett Lee must've hit that for four" with four needed moment.