• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Steve Harmison

Steve Harmison for the first Test?

• Total voters

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
TBF, the definition below does just say it's an expression of surprise.

I think it's pretty vile though
Exactly. Its an expression of surprise, distgust. Its just like saying god damn, WTF etc. I just chose RASSCLATH because thats how i speak everyday...

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England will not have CONSISTENT 90 mph bowler after the Ashes in tests. Anderson gets a few balls up at that speed when he pitches it up thats it.
Stuart Broad has been consistently past 145Km/h in both Tests.

tooextracool

International Coach
Well test quality 90 mph bowlers. Sami bowled 90 mph & well you no the rest..

Plus these days i dont about the speed guns sometimes..
I've yet to see Harmison bowl at above 90mph outside of England let alone 'consistently'. England have never had anyone that bowls consistently above 90mph, nor does it really matter if they have bowlers capable of bowling in the late 80s.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I've yet to see Harmison bowl at above 90mph outside of England let alone 'consistently'. England have never had anyone that bowls consistently above 90mph, nor does it really matter if they have bowlers capable of bowling in the late 80s.
No he hasn't. But as i mentioned before i was having very big hopes about what he could do in SA this winter, given the surfaces that where seen when AUS where there in Feb/March.

Am ha, isn't Fred consistently 90 mph+??. Not tearaway like Akhtar & Lee. But the bowling attack officially will be lacking any serious pace after the Ashes, which is awful.

tooextracool

International Coach
No he hasn't. But as i mentioned before i was having very big hopes about what he could do in SA this winter, given the surfaces that where seen when AUS where there in Feb/March.

Am ha, isn't Fred consistently 90 mph+??. Not tearaway like Akhtar & Lee. But the bowling attack officially will be lacking any serious pace after the Ashes, which is awful.
Not really. If the speedo's are to be trusted, then Flintoff has only ever bowled consistently over 90mph in England. Outside, hes rarely gone above mid-late 80s. Although Flintoff even at 84-85mph always gives the impression that he's bowling faster than that because he bowls a heavy ball that just looks like it hits the bat rather than the other way around.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Not really. If the speedo's are to be trusted, then Flintoff has only ever bowled consistently over 90mph in England. Outside, hes rarely gone above mid-late 80s. Although Flintoff even at 84-85mph always gives the impression that he's bowling faster than that because he bowls a heavy ball that just looks like it hits the bat rather than the other way around.
Na man. Freddie has bowled in the 90 mph outside England pretty consistent since PAK 05 i'd say. I remember quite recently in IND, in a spell to Yuvraj he bowled a delivery @ 95 mph that woke up. Thats was fastest ball i've ever seen Freddie bowl.

Plus i'm sure that in the Gabba test in 06 1st innings, the ball that he bowled Hussey with was over 90mph.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
If Harmo does retire. This is devastating news for ENG bowling attack. No 90 mph in test cricket after the Ashes??. Rassclathhhh yo

Regardless of Harmo's travelling woes, I SERIOUSLY believe he could have an effect in SA this winter. Especially as i expect the pitches are similar to what AUS had in Feb/March this year. Those surfaces look tailor made for the Durham destroyer..
He had a blinder of a tour last time in South Africa....

Dawg, his tour average was what?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
That spell to Yuvraj was bizarre. He would bowl at 135-140kph to the batsman at the other end and then crank it up to 150kph when Yuvraj came on strike.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

And where the Aussies bowlers who he did well pitched it up. House bowled short, got **** figures, Harmy bowls short and you know the rest.

Anderson and Onions will be England's best hopes there. Onions especially as he bowls straight and has a naturally fullish length.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
He had a blinder of a tour last time in South Africa....

Dawg, his tour average was what?
And where the Aussies bowlers who he did well pitched it up. House bowled short, got **** figures, Harmy bowls short and you know the rest.

Anderson and Onions will be England's best hopes there. Onions especially as he bowls straight and has a naturally fullish length.
I was waiting for someone to say this. But i remind you dawg, that in SA 04/05 the pitches where very flat ,nothing like what AUS had this year. The only surface in that series that was bowler friendly was in Jo'Burg when Hoggard took 7 & that was MAINLY due to the fact the the conditions became overcast due to rain interruptions during that test.

The pitches in SA this year had bounce & pace. Thats what Harmo trives on, even though he doesn't pitch it up as often has needed. Johnson & Siddle especially got wickets due to lifting deliveries (cant remember any specifics ATM). The surfaces this winter are potentially the most helpful conditons Harmo could get on any tour in his career, so i have big hopes if he doesn't retire.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I was waiting for someone to say this. But i remind you dawg, that in SA 04/05 the pitches where very flat ,nothing like what AUS had this year. The only surface in that series that was bowler friendly was in Jo'Burg when Hoggard took 7 & that was MAINLY due to the fact the the conditions became overcast due to rain interruptions during that test.

The pitches in SA this year had bounce & pace. Thats what Harmo trives on, even though he doesn't pitch it up as often has needed. Johnson & Siddle especially got wickets due to lifting deliveries (cant remember any specifics ATM). The surfaces this winter are potentially the most helpful conditons Harmo could get on any tour in his career, so i have big hopes if he doesn't retire.
Discernible examples Aussie or I call revisionism. The only wicket which was quick in the series was Durban day two, which was rapid. The Cape Town test was played on concrete and anyone who dropped short there was dispatched. Harmy would have lasted all of five overs on that.

Uppercut

Ha, yall cats need to spot reading the urban dictionary & taken it for gospel hahaha
Well if a hundred and something people vote that it means one thing and you're the only person anyone's ever met who says it means something else...

Burgey

Exactly. Its an expression of surprise, distgust. Its just like saying god damn, WTF etc. I just chose RASSCLATH because thats how i speak everyday...
You say "Piece of cloth used to absorb menstral blood" everyday?