• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Incident before play just reported on FoxSports: Kevin Pietersen was having throw downs and Mitchell Johnson was going through his warmups and Pietersen clipped off his legs and it hit Johnson and Johnson kicked the ball away. This triggered a comment from Pietersen, which led to Johnson going up and confronting Pietersen and Johnson had to be pulled away from the incident.

Tension. :D

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Botham just said, commenting on the Bopara dismissal "Billy Doctrove's had a good game up till then, I think he got everything else right"

:rofl:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Incident before play just reported on FoxSports: Kevin Pietersen was having throw downs and Mitchell Johnson was going through his warmups and Pietersen clipped off his legs and it hit Johnson and Johnson kicked the ball away. This triggered a comment from Pietersen, which led to Johnson going up and confronting Pietersen and Johnson had to be pulled away from the incident.

Zoolander gets angry! :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
All rain dances aside, I think we will hold out today. Expect special innings from KP, Strauss & Colly.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

KP dirty Johnson didn't walk up with the ball on a silver platter and present it to him, as is his entitlement.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rod Hogg = ****ing legend. Give him him MacGill's spot, he's far better at the trash talk which seems to be all MacGill was hired for anyway........

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The surprise was more at GIMH's defeatist tone, his post above is more what I'd expect from him. Optimism. Often misplaced.
Hoping for rain isn't defeatist, at the end of the day whether it's rain or a KP double-hundred that does it, a draw is a draw. Would rather the batsmen put their feet up ahead of next week. :D

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Why isn't today starting earlier? Seems madness to bank on getting overs in later.
Conditions tend to be too slanted towards the bowling side if you start earlier than 11:00 and given it doesn't get dark till at least 9 there's no reason to start earlier.

Anyway, I was hoping some of the groundsmen at Cardiff were watching the lunchtime show on the 70/71 series yesterday and, taking a leaf out of the Brisbane groundsmen, would empty all the water from the covers on to the bowlers run ups. It seems not though, yet another reason to dislike the Welsh, lets never play test cricket here again :(

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
May not have seen it tbf. The Aussie presenters are right out in the middle of the warmups doing their thing.
Nasser is out there as well tbf, though maybe he wasn't when it happened. I certainly see no reason why it would be made up, that's not what I am implying, will be interesting anyway as I imagine Johnson will be bowling to KP early on.