• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 14 2009 Discussion and Fantasy League

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Bulls my pick too, though will be supporting the Chiefs.

How many points for the final should we award? 2...3?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Half a point, the Bulls at home against a pretty dire Chiefs shouldn't be that much of a shock. If anyone puts their bet on the Chiefs though they should get 10.

Howsie

International Captain
I'm backing the Chiefs to win Sunday morning, nice hard, fast track should be just what they need to play attacking footy.

ripper868

International Coach
Reds are basically ****ed for next year as well, Ioane and Mcmeniman both looking to leave, Elsom going to the Brumbies...can't see cooper being the almighty saviour he's suppose to be next year either.

Howsie

International Captain
Sivivatu is a big loss though but Kahui is back.
Sivivatu is a very good player, but people have to remember he is only and winger. Now I'm not trying to say he doesn't have a big impact on the Chiefs, becasue he does but it isn't like Donald's injured, or Mills. The Chiefs should do fine without him, Masanga should do well this weekend I feel.

ripper868

International Coach
Sivi is only a winger, but he is also a player that can turn a game by himself....he's probably the only one in the chiefs team capable of pulling off the miracle 90 metre barnstorming try, which in a final could prove the crucial moment. Chiefs are definetly far weaker without him.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Sivi is only a winger, but he is also a player that can turn a game by himself....he's probably the only one in the chiefs team capable of pulling off the miracle 90 metre barnstorming try, which in a final could prove the crucial moment. Chiefs are definetly far weaker without him.
Agreed - Masaga's valuable but somewhat replaceable. Sivivatu's ability to create something from nothing is extraordinary at times and with someone like Habana on the opposition who could do the same, its a big loss. Though Kahui's performances before the injury that kept him out for a couple of weeks were superb so his addition should go some way to compensating.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Sivivatu is a very good player, but people have to remember he is only and winger. Now I'm not trying to say he doesn't have a big impact on the Chiefs, becasue he does but it isn't like Donald's injured, or Mills. The Chiefs should do fine without him, Masanga should do well this weekend I feel.
And he was the standout performer against the Canes. Huge loss for mine and Akona Ndungane breathes a huge sigh of relief.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Reds are basically ****ed for next year as well, Ioane and Mcmeniman both looking to leave, Elsom going to the Brumbies...can't see cooper being the almighty saviour he's suppose to be next year either.
Perpetually crocked anyhow. Digby is a huge loss, as he was one of the 'stars' of the Super14 this year. Surprised that he is contemplating moving abroad (heard Japan) whilst not even being a starter for the Wallabies. Doesn’t he want to play in the World Cup?

ripper868

International Coach
Perpetually crocked anyhow. Digby is a huge loss, as he was one of the 'stars' of the Super14 this year. Surprised that he is contemplating moving abroad (heard Japan) whilst not even being a starter for the Wallabies. Doesn’t he want to play in the World Cup?
He is apparently conflicted as to whether or not he should take the big cash in Japan (1.1million a season) to set his family up or wheteher he should stay and chase his dream of world cup glory. Word is he changes his mind every 20 minutes, Robbie Deans is talking to him in Melbourne today to try and convince him to stay.

cometer

State Regular
Well if I wanted to win this competition outright at the risk of throwing everything away I'd go Chiefs.

So meh, no point having a drawn competition, nothing gain from sharing when there's no prize up for grabs.

Guarantee the Bulls will win and about 99/100 I'd tip them but I'm going for broke, I want the outright win so I'll tip the Chiefs.

Expecting it to stab me in the back within 5-10minutes after kickoff ;).

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Bulls 34 - 7 up at half-time. :-O

End result could be anything once the Chiefs legs go in the last 20.