• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Frank Tyson footage from the 1954-55 Ashes?

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
Peeps,

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find some footage (in real time) of the 1954-55 Ashes, particularly of Frank Tyson?

I'd especially love to see him bowl on the hard, fast, greeny wicket Melbourne had before the early 80's.

Tyson on that wicket with the insane wind behind him would've been something to watch.

Cheers

- Steve

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's a bit disappointing really - unlike the footage on there of Harold Larwood at his peak, which is superb, but then I'm a tad biased on that one :)

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
It's a bit disappointing really - unlike the footage on there of Harold Larwood at his peak, which is superb, but then I'm a tad biased on that one :)
I was disappointed that there are only 2 clips.

I've e-mailed the BBC twice and got no reply. I know they have a cricket archive, my grandad worked there for 30 years!

The DVDs Story of the Ashes & Cricket the Great bowlers has some as well..
Cool, I'll check it out.

From youtube - make of it what you will

YouTube - Vintage Clip : Frank Tyson (Cricket)
Ja, I've seen that before. It's a slowed down clip of 1 of those on Movie Tone.

Long strides in his approach and maybe a hint of hyper-extension about the elbow too?
There certainly looks like hyper-extension but Ive never had a problem with that. It does appear pretty clear though
I don't mind the hyper-extension either. His arm is still "straight" and a long way from being a throwing action. I wouldn't ban it if I had the power.