• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Atul Sharma

Whats going on?

• Total voters

Howsie

International Captain
This whole story is fake, there is no Atul Sharma "100" MPH bowler. If he was really that quick he would of played by now, oh thats right he is injured at the moment:-O

Anyone that believes this is stupid.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This whole story is fake, there is no Atul Sharma "100" MPH bowler. If he was really that quick he would of played by now, oh thats right he is injured at the moment:-O

I'd actually be inclined to agree with you had Rajasthan not signed him up. It's definitive proof that he's a cricketer of some note, at very least.

Howsie

International Captain
I'd actually be inclined to agree with you had Rajasthan not signed him up. It's definitive proof that he's a cricketer of some note, at very least.
It doesn't mean he is any good. Look at all the Indians in the other teams some of them a fairly crap, he could be nothing more then a 70mph medium pacer.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It doesn't mean he is any good. Look at all the Indians in the other teams some of them a fairly crap, he could be nothing more then a 70mph medium pacer.
Doubt it, too much on the line to be a hoax. Whether he gets to 100mph or is quality remains to be seen.

adharcric

International Coach
Unlike the rest, he doesn't have an FC record. He clearly has some talent if he's been picked up by RR without even that.

Ponty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
So once this shoulder injury has healed, he will be playing proper cricket matches? Or is it another 7 years of training?
What we hope is he heals so we can continue his training for 5 more years. Then when he's 29 we aim to have him netting with some teams until he is around 34-35 years of age. Next, we'll do some extensive video analysis work to assess if what we have done is working over the next 3 years and then make any changes to his action. If we are happy with what we see, the next step will be to get him in front of someone who can see what he's like and recommend further training. If all goes well, Atul should be able to retire at about 40 years of age never having played.

Sorry about that as I know you are dying to see him, but I am recommending he never bowls a ball as he may get injured again as he is clearly injury prone. Worse still, he only bowls at about 55 mph and I am quite concerned that someone knowledgeable in cricket will see him and realise it.

Up until now we have managed to fool everyone but if he plays the whole game is up.

Last edited:

Ponty

I agree with you. How could this fake Atul Sharma be remotely true?

Howsie

International Captain
What we hope is he heals so we can continue his training for 5 more years. Then when he's 29 we aim to have him netting with some teams until he is around 34-35 years of age. Next, we'll do some extensive video analysis work to assess if what we have done is working over the next 3 years and then make any changes to his action. If we are happy with what we see, the next step will be to get him in front of someone who can see what he's like and recommend further training. If all goes well, Atul should be able to retire at about 40 years of age never having played.

Sorry about that as I know you are dying to see him, but I am recommending he never bowls a ball as he may get injured again as he is clearly injury prone. Worse still, he only bowls at about 55 mph and I am quite concerned that someone knowledgeable in cricket will see him and realise it.

Up until now we have managed to fool everyone but if he plays the whole game is up.

I'm laughing because this is probaly right :laugh:

I've read Ian Pont's books and think they are really good, but this can't really be him right. :dry:

Howsie

International Captain
I agree with you. How could this fake Atul Sharma be remotely true?
If he is real I would be real happy because it's a good story, but until I see him bowl in a game I can't believe it sorry. I've heard he was clocked at 108mph, that just sounds to unreal to me.

Ponty

I'm laughing because this is probaly right :laugh:

I've read Ian Pont's books and think they are really good, but this can't really be him right. :dry:
It's me alright. Just adding some humour to the cynics here as it gets tedious to read the sceptics. :sleep:

I don't blame them though. Atul's story is unique and it tests everything people have come to accept as normal.

Ponty

If he is real I would be real happy because it's a good story, but until I see him bowl in a game I can't believe it sorry. I've heard he was clocked at 108mph, that just sounds to unreal to me.
108 mph :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Who told you THAT! That's way too funny man....even I can't hype it up that much.

Well I'll arrange for Atul to bowl so YOU can see him yourself. Set the speedgun to 'stun' though. As I am sure he will bowl at 120mph or maybe more...:laugh:

Howsie

International Captain
It's me alright. Just adding some humour to the cynics here as it gets tedious to read the sceptics. :sleep:

I don't blame them though. Atul's story is unique and it tests everything people have come to accept as normal.
Since your a pretty good bowling coach Ian, and I'm guessing your've seen a few injuries from bowling. Have you ever heard of someone breaking there femur while bowling, and I mean in the load up just after landing on the crease. Cause mine pretty much snapped in half and I've looked all over the net but I haven't been able to find anything like that happening.

Ponty

Since your a pretty good bowling coach Ian, and I'm guessing your've seen a few injuries from bowling. Have you ever heard of someone breaking there femur while bowling, and I mean in the load up just after landing on the crease. Cause mine pretty much snapped in half and I've looked all over the net but I haven't been able to find anything like that happening.
Never heard of that... not sure it's really true.I would like to believe it but would have to see it with my own eyes.

Ponty

Couldn't resist the above post sorry!

No I haven't heard of that..sounds crazy. How did it happen?

Howsie

International Captain
Never heard of that... not sure it's really true.I would like to believe it but would have to see it with my own eyes.
............Well it's true, but yeah most people couldn't believe it. :laugh:

Grant Bradburn asked me a million questions about it because he couldn't believe it either, but believe me the batsmen I was bowling too heard and seen it.

Ponty

............Well it's true, but yeah most people couldn't believe it. :laugh:

Grant Bradburn asked me a million questions about it because he couldn't believe it either, but believe me the batsmen I was bowling too heard and seen it.
Who is Grant Bradburn?

Howsie

International Captain
Couldn't resist the above post sorry!

No I haven't heard of that..sounds crazy. How did it happen?
Um just bowling in a game, we were on and of because of rain. Pretty much when my front foot landed my foot slipped forward and then the spikes dug into the pitch which hyper-flexed my knee or something like. And then my leg pretty much snapped, I was only 17 at the time and it happened 18 months ago.