• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see Cabrera get up...Perry couldn't bring himself to win it over the last two holes of regular play it seems. Tough to go into a play-off knowing you should have wrapped it up. He said himself he was nervous, so credit to him for at least not coming out and saying "I didn't choke", when it was obvious he did.

grecian

so what are your picks for quail hollow?
Hey, I actually won a bet at golf last week, so my tips carry slightly more water this week, despite my woeful betting performance recently.

Umm, I'll go for Woods, there bold stuff from me. Will be interesting to see what his swing is like, he slagged it off after the Masters, but he's had a lot of time to work on it.

As always I've put money on Villegas and Howell, even though Charles is looking one of the biggest chokers in golf nowadays.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Umm, I'll go for Woods, there bold stuff from me. Will be interesting to see what his swing is like, he slagged it off after the Masters, but he's had a lot of time to work on it.
you are brave and he is at -7...:)

Last edited:

grecian

Oh I like Bubba, I enjoy watching the rednecks who just hit the ball miles, right back to Andy Bean. The iconoclast in me I feel, just seeing those blokes take out Tournaments in the corporate world of US golf.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Oh I like Bubba, I enjoy watching the rednecks who just hit the ball miles, right back to Andy Bean. The iconoclast in me I feel, just seeing those blokes take out Tournaments in the corporate world of US golf.
yeah i like watson and boo weekley although they don't exactly take out a lot of tournaments...i don't like j.b holmes though, another one of those big bombers...

Last edited:

grecian

yeah i like watson and boo weekley although they don't exactly take out a lot of tournaments...i don't like j.b holmes though, another one of those big bombers...
Weekley would be my least fave of those, he just seems to be a bit fake, he doesn't hit it that long either. To be a proper redneck golfer you need to "grip it 'n' rip it". I see Watson hasn't won, I must admit I thought he had.

Should be a decent tournament on the weekend though, big names are up there, and Garcia missed the cut:)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
...and your pick is going to lose...woods is not gonna win this tournament, not that he didn't have enough chances, with his driving misery and the winds not helping, he needed some great putting to stay in the mix and he has messed it up on most of his birdie opportunities today and is now 3 shots back..with just 4 holes left, there is no chance for even him to stage a comeback...

Last edited:

grecian

Ahh well, never mind.

The Players coming up, love this tournament, probably only behind the Masters and the Open for me in the year. the 17th and 18th are brilliant finishing holes, always drama and you can never feel you've won, unless your leading by about 8.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Lets hope not. Woods has a terrible (for him) record in this tournament, can't think why really, can you?
neither can he....his only explanation was somehow he never hit it well here except in the early 2000s...and in 2007 he hit it well but putted badly...not much of a reason...let's see whether that trend continues...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
woods looks like he is making a move on the back nine, let's see if it lasts...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
a german, a brit, an argentine and a swede at the top...

Last edited: