• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon I might be coming to the end of my FM/CM playing days. FM09 is a really good game imo, best since CM01/02 at least, but theres nothing driving me towards playing them anymore. Haven't played it in around two months despite actually having a fair bit of free/down time at the moment too.

Indipper

State Regular
Just started my second game of CM Italia (that's CM 93 with noodles) with Inter. Unsurprisingly, am **** because of that ****ing load of **** Maradona who looked like a bargain but never does anything, the goddamn load of lard. Still, a young Alan Shearer and Dennis Bergkamp make a fine partnership up front and my board is rather chummy with me, despite the fact that I couldn't buy anything more than 10th place for all those millions. Must be the revenue which comes with the stadium.

cpr

International Coach
Ah CM Italia, havent played that in years! Might dig it out now and have a couple of seasons :)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Ok so the last patch for FM 09 is out. Was a beta tester for it and had to sign a NDA so couldn't say much. Improvement?

Craig

World Traveller
Won the prem in my second season at Man City, and the game has such crazy low release fee cause for Fazio and Benzema (he joined Villarreal) so I just had to step in and buy them. Also managing Nigeria on the side, and in the 2010 World Cup I have got us to the Quarter Final against Mexico which I will play tonight.

cpr

International Coach
FM had a fine moment here that i just had to share

Personally managing Villa (first club to sack their manager in season 1. Started unemployed but with a decent rep), had to laugh at the Man Utd score there. Bradford had 0 players sent off either, Midfielders scoring 0.2 and a blank in total

Attachments

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Been play FM09 for a while now. Started off with Blackburn but got bored surprisingly. Started again trying my hand with a BSN club Workington. Actually find the game more enjoyable trying to build a club up from virtually scratch.

Going pretty well in my first season. 4th in BSN with 4 games to play. Virtually assured of a playoff spot and have a good record against the other clubs at the top so hopefully I can manage a promotion. Learned really early on not to trust my assistants opinions on players. The "best striker at the club" (Arnison) was terrible scoring 1 goal in 10 games, and the striker considered "a long way off" the best striker and should be offloaded asap (J Wright), is now the clubs top scorer with 16 goals in 25 games. Funny though, because Arnison has better stats than Wright IIRC.

My savior has been a sister club arrangement with L1 club Carlisle. Got 3 players on loan and they have been a class above everything in the division.

Great game :) Having a blast.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Diggin this new patch. You have to vary your tactics a lot more and the game doesnt suddenly become piss easy when you get cashed up after the 2nd season. In a ding dong title race right now. 7 games to go sitting in third 3 points behind Chelsea. My only concern is that strikers in general score less and you have to rely on your midfield and set pieces to get breakthroughs in a lot of games. This looks like a league wide thing, the top 5 or so teams also top the dead ball goal lists as well.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Have being playing a challenge that's on the SI forums were you holiday the first season and manage a club who has just being promoted to the BSN/S choose Witton Albion as they were the club with the lowest rep and managed to get promoted in the first season. Finished the second season in a comfortable mid-table finish (16th i believe), I'm current;y awaiting what will happen next season.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Am doing that too. Currently in The Championship with Boston Utd with straight promotions but just one league title. Not expecting to be promoted this season mind you.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've gone back to playing CM0102 in the last couple of weeks.

Just taken S****horpe United to the Premier League title - midfield of Gattuso, Mendieta and Moukoko tearing sides apart. Bit easy really, although we lost 3 of the last 4 games.

Oh, I forgot about the Scunny thing. Filter pwn3d.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Still with my renamed version of King's Lynn, currently in my third Championship season. Last season lost to Newcastle away and drew at home in a playoff semifinal, was gutted. But this season am gunning for promotion, the only thing standing in my way is my players who constantly complain that I won't let them go from their four year contracts to go to a bigger club. Maybe don't sign the contract earlier that season then, you muppets! Either way, have some big players lined up to replace them so as to improve the squad harmony and then make a nice push onwards to Premier League glory while the bastard traitors can wallow in the Championship forever (much like all the others that have got a big head so far!). It's hard when you're dealing with about 4,000-6,000 average attendance, though. :( Still, the finances are listed as very secure, I have £150,000 or so for wages and roughly £6,000,000 for transfers so it's not terrible... just financing the side by buying in good young players and building them up and selling them at a massive profit.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Had a gratuitous stroke of luck the other day. Made the BSN playoff final. Over 2 legs it ended up going to penalties. Was down 3-4 with only the 5th round of kicks to come. My player steps up to the plate. And stops. Stood there for 15-20 minutes but never took the kick. The game had crashed just as I was about to be bundled out.

Gave up and went back to the last save, before the first leg of the final. Drew the first leg, won the second. Got promoted :) Thank you buggy FM09!!!

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
3rd season with Arsenal managed to qualify for the Champions League final for the first time. Will be facing frigging Dinamo Kiev in the big one though which is a big wtf? Had to knock out Villarreal, Chelsea and Madrid to get this far, I just can't **** this up.