• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

cpr

International Coach
Hmm, anyone in need of a striker and has 5-6m to spare, Oscar Cardozo, signed him each time i've started FM (admittedly only as Man Utd on this version, still not completed a full season and dont have time to enjoy a LLM game properly), never paid more than £6m, craps on Berbatov

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Started a FM09 game with Valencia last night, and reeaaaalllly need to find a backup keeper. The only problem is, I've only got approximately 800k for a transfer budget, and the only 2 players other clubs want are David Silva & Juan Manual Mata. Interesting times ahead really, especially seeing as the first choice keeper Renan isn't too crash hot anyway...

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Got Boston Utd promoted to League Two and the club is now professional. Won promotion via the playoffs again after being tipped by the pundits to battle for relegation. Brought in between 10-20 players this season while letting go around 4 or 5 and sending a few on loan while bringing in a few on loan. Hvae had a good start with a couple wins in the league and Man Utd are my parent club from the tailend of last season. Also beat Championship Doncaster in the Carling Cup and have an away game against Stoke in the Second Round. Was hoping for a game against Newcastle with their 52000+ but Championship Stoke's 28000 will do I guess since it'll bring me out of the red with the gate reciepts. Maybe I'll pull off a shock again and draw one of the big 4.:D Don't care if I get hammered as long as it's at their home ground and I get the cash. Someone on the forums drew Man Utd in the FA Cup 3rd Round when they were in the BSP and lost 4-0. They managed to get 900+K in gate receipts though. Would maybe finally get the youth facilities upgraded. Anyway, still have the FA Cup if things don't go well against Stoke.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
started my Blackburn game again on 9.2

Playing a 4-4-3 (Lone Striker)

I need to sign another striker (Benni is not a very good target man), If Nelson goes (handed in a transfer request) a new defender (or two) and someone to play DR/WB R And if I have some left over an AMR but thats not important

Emile Heskey - Striker
Thiago Silva/Julia Cesar Caceres/Dorin Goian - DC
Lucas Neil/Steven Whittaker*- DR/WB R

I may even buy another dc even if Nelson stays

Benni, Brown, Khizanishvilli,Mokoena will be off-loaded to help buy these players

4 games in I have won 1 and drawn 3 (Only win vs Arsenal) Chelsea,Man City and Wigan all 3 drawn.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
started my Blackburn game again on 9.2

Playing a 4-4-3 (Lone Striker)

I need to sign another striker (Benni is not a very good target man), If Nelson goes (handed in a transfer request) a new defender (or two) and someone to play DR/WB R And if I have some left over an AMR but thats not important

Emile Heskey - Striker
Thiago Silva/Julia Cesar Caceres/Dorin Goian - DC
Lucas Neil/Steven Whittaker*- DR/WB R

I may even buy another dc even if Nelson stays

Benni, Brown, Khizanishvilli,Mokoena will be off-loaded to help buy these players

4 games in I have won 1 and drawn 3 (Only win vs Arsenal) Chelsea,Man City and Wigan all 3 drawn.
If you're only winning one in four with an extra player on the pitch, I'd quit playing ITBT. :ph34r:

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Heskey/Silva and Washington from Fluminense are joining me in Jan. Nelson asked to be taken off the transfer list:)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Didn't know this thread was here, should browse the forums more often. :p

I created my own club based on King's Lynn (BSN) and using all their players etc, basically just changed the location/name/chairman/aesthetics. Got promoted all the way up to Championship in my first game but got screwed over in my second season there as all my players were getting sold by my chairman for "offers he couldn't refuse" - despite the fact I was selling my reserves players for the same value. Got agitated and left it alone since then, maybe I'll give it a go again but probably not until I've played a lot more Left4Dead and Lost Odyssey. Probably Sims 3 too if my girlfriend gets me hooked on it when it comes out soon...

My new strategy will be to sell all the players I expect to lose before my chairman has the chance, and then to re-invest the money in the team. Spent about two weeks on the game so far, though, according to the little timer that comes up when you load up your saved game. Bloody good.

Craig

World Traveller
Am up to 4th with Citeh, and now I have Real Madrid in the final 16 match. That's me done with the CL this season :dry:

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Currently in my 2nd season with Aston Villa on FM2005 having won league and cup double in 1st season during which Arsenal were relegated. Have so far lost to Fulham and Middlesbourgh and beaten Liverpool in my 2nd season.

My current team is:

GK: Friedel/ van der Sar
RB: Sagnol
CB: Laursen
CB: Sol Campbell
LB: Jankulovski
DM: Roy Keane
RM: Deisler
LM: Pires
AM: Zidane
ST: Podolski
ST: Carew/ Bellamy/ Henrik Larsen

Other members of squad include De Sanctis, Niemi, Thuram, O'Shea, Ayala, Bouma, Barry, David Pizzaro, Schneider, Aquilani, Ashley Young, Milner, Solano and Angel

analyst

U19 12th Man
Just wanted to share,my last attempt was being unbeaten a whole season with Arsenal in the premiership and winning the Champions League ,was in 2015 with only Fabregas, Toure, Clichy, Vela and Walcott remaining of the old crew.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
For those of you who have both FM 08 and 09, try running 09 while you have the 08 disc in the tray. Just realised I've been playing 09 using the 08 disc for the past week without realising. It's been working fine, although a quick test shows that it doesn't work the otherway (08 running on the 09 disc). Has anyone else noticed this?

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
:shy::shy::shy:
Feel like an idiot now:p

That doesn't really make sense to me though, because you get 5 'seats' per keycode. So what's to stop me now selling the game, or selling one use of my keycode, to let someone else play?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd imagine you can't have the same keycodes playing online at the same-time though. If that's what people want to do.