• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'd say 365 days in a year. No more.
Indeed. If you take into account that the Indian series started 10 days after the end of the aussie tour, and that holding a test match in April is hardly ideal to start with, it's silly to say they should've booked a practice match in with the 3 tests.

10 days -
3 for the game
2 for rest days after the ODI series
3 for rest days in between the practice match and the first test.

That would've left only 2 days after the end of the aussie tour, not really enough recovery time. Obviously it would've been nice if there had been enough time to hold 3 tests and a practice match, but there wasn't. So can people stop blaming the BCCI? God... that's something I never though I'd hear myself say...

20/20 squad out. Oram and Ryder back but no Styris. Anyone know why?

GGG

State Captain
"India have bent over backwards to accommodate our wish for three Tests so we have to give them some warm-up," Vaughan was quoted as saying in the Dominion Post. "I said to them: `We won't leave you in the lurch, we will give you some decent warm-up,' and one way or the other we will honour that."

Cricinfo - Indians could get practice games

But of course, it's the BCCI so it must be all their fault. 8-)
Interesting, last I heard was that India requested 3 test matches?

HMas

U19 12th Man
NZ 20/20 team to white wash India 2-0

Ryder
McCullum
Guptill
Taylor
Elliot
Broom
Oram
Vettori
Southee
Butler
Brien/Thompson

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
FFS Get a life. That article is dated over a month back.
He was merely pointing out that one article stated the NZ cricket board requested three tests and the other article stated the Indian board requested three tests. A useful point for discussion.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
NZ 20/20 team to white wash India 2-0

Ryder
McCullum
Guptill
Taylor
Elliot
Broom
Oram
Vettori
Southee
Butler
Brien/Thompson
I hope Elliot doesnt get picked for 20/20. And Thompson is poor. He is an average domestic cricketer. He bowls little medium pace 125 change ups and bats down the order. He is one of those allrounders who does a little bit of both but is not great at either .
Maybe give that young Anderson guy a go. The indians dont have any extreme pace bowlers that might ruffle a young guy. It will be at home and a couple of 20/20s cant really hurt him, but give him a chance and exposure to the top level.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I hope Elliot doesnt get picked for 20/20. And Thompson is poor. He is an average domestic cricketer. He bowls little medium pace 125 change ups and bats down the order. He is one of those allrounders who does a little bit of both but is not great at either .
Maybe give that young Anderson guy a go. The indians dont have any extreme pace bowlers that might ruffle a young guy. It will be at home and a couple of 20/20s cant really hurt him, but give him a chance and exposure to the top level.
Oh FFS! Have you seen his 20/20 performances this season? He's averaged 9.66 at a strike rate of under 100. If you're going to promote a player on the argument that "well, I've never seen him play real cricket and have no idea about his technique and abilities, but he's better than that other guy coz he's got teh potential!!!" (), at least make sure that he's actually performing at domestic level. Anderson would be an even more ludicrous selection than Trent Boult.

Flem274*

123/5
Haha, classic Matt post. Slag off a guy who can't bowl 140 and advocate using an unproven young guy instead.

204*

Cricket Spectator
I think Elliot is lucky to hold his place in the Twenty20 side, McGlashan would have been a much better option.