• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Matt and Bahnzy sharing the love.

Gonna agree with Bahnz on this one (getting quite scary, with how much I'm agreeing with him lately), whilst I'm all for guys with potential getting a go, they have to prove themselves in that format first, and generally I'm not a fan of guys in their teens getting pushed up too early either.

Especially now that previously thought journeymen/crap players like Elliott, O'Brien and dare I say it, Nathan McCullum (very early days, but hasn't looked out of his depth) are cruising at the international level with no issues (well, Elliott in tests but he was always a better List A player anyway) we don't need to hit the panic button and select people we think might be good, thats a good way to stay 7th in the world imo if we employ that approach.

Welcome to the dark side.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
AMI Stadium, formally known as Jade Stadium and Lancaster Park in Christchurch.

Brett Dale

School Boy/Girl Captain
They have had bumper ticket sales for the first 20/20 match, Im stuck in row Z!

They are actually expecting the biggest crowds in decades for this tour because of how good this Indian team is.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
It doesn't help that almost half the stands are missing. So you aren't going to get "the biggest crowds in decades" at AMI Stadium, at least.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah. They're saying the Auckland ODI has pretty much sold out, but that's only 20,000 or so.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Everyone likes belittling NZ, don't they?

This Cricinfo story has the title "Star-struck NZ gear up for big summer".

And of course there's a rather unfair and inaccurate quip about our weather in the first sentence: "Two days before the first Twenty20 international, New Zealand assembled for what is perhaps their most important summer - or what passes off as summer in these parts - of cricket in recent times."

Flem274*

123/5
Just wait until I cheat my way into being a cricinfo writer, next time England A lose to our emerging players team of 14 year olds who've played 10 FC games, I'll be getting stuck in.:happy: