• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

adharcric

International Coach
Do NZC make the tour dates? I thought it was a joint agreement by the ICC, NZC and the BCCI? In which case i'm sure the BCCI had sway to get themselves to NZ on time to play a warmup game or two, no?
So in other words...it wasn't NZC's fault at all that India don't have a warmup game?
Did you want a two-test series? If not, stop whining. NZC weren't obligated to provide the Indian cricketers places in their domestic sides but they shouldn't be criticized for this decision.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If they have time for a practice FC match, surely that means they can spare four days to play a an actual warmup game?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
If they have time for a practice FC match, surely that means they can spare four days to play a an actual warmup game?
Judging by the 6 players released, I reckon the practice games are scheduled for the same period the T20 and ODI series' take place in.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Who cares about the warm-up when the one day series is first? Use that as your acclimation, two 20/20 games which carry no weight and time the first ODI starts which also carries no significant ranking weight (neither India nor New Zealand can go first, can they?), India should be starting to get into their groove and once the first test rolls around, the most important part of the tour for India, they will be ready and familiar with the conditions/weather et cetera.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
The six players who are playing NZ domestic cricket are all not part of the ODI squad and I do believe that India can go first at the end of the series.

Steulen

International Regular
Who cares about the warm-up when the one day series is first? Use that as your acclimation, two 20/20 games which carry no weight and time the first ODI starts which also carries no significant ranking weight (neither India nor New Zealand can go first, can they?), India should be starting to get into their groove and once the first test rolls around, the most important part of the tour for India, they will be ready and familiar with the conditions/weather et cetera.
But both can go close with a decisive win in the series.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'd be a little upset if I were a NZ domestic side, and some random dude was forced upon me and I had to play him. Presumebly, they are all looking to win the domestic title. What are the reactions from NZ domestic sides?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Meh, it's only one round. If I was Mike Hesson (Otago coach) and I had the option of bringing in VVS Laxman ahead of - say - Shaun Haig or Hamish Rutherford for one game, I'm sure the young fellas would understand.

adharcric

International Coach
I'd be a little upset if I were a NZ domestic side, and some random dude was forced upon me and I had to play him. Presumebly, they are all looking to win the domestic title. What are the reactions from NZ domestic sides?
Highly doubt any of Dravid, Laxman, Vijay, Balaji, Kulkarni or Mishra can't make these NZ domestic sides on merit.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Highly doubt any of Dravid, Laxman, Vijay, Balaji, Kulkarni or Mishra can't make these NZ domestic sides on merit.
Not the point. You have to think about team chemistry and other things. You can't just bring in random people and expect them to fit in and execute your plans, especially as it's clearly just some practice in the middle for them.

Polo23

International Debutant
Did you want a two-test series? If not, stop whining. NZC weren't obligated to provide the Indian cricketers places in their domestic sides but they shouldn't be criticized for this decision.
When did I whine, and when did I critisise NZC? I was sticking up for them ffs.

cbuts

International Debutant
Not the point. You have to think about team chemistry and other things. You can't just bring in random people and expect them to fit in and execute your plans, especially as it's clearly just some practice in the middle for them.
i think the guys would love it. What a great oppurtunity to bat with someone like Dravid or Laxman

Evermind

International Debutant
i think the guys would love it. What a great oppurtunity to bat with someone like Dravid or Laxman
What irritates me personally is how the BCCI wants to have their cake and eat it too, and in the process inconvenience just about everyone including NZC and their own players. They'd rather force their own players into the local tournaments or have them go without practice over losing revenue on a practice game. What bothers me is this mentality, and that they're getting away with it. A hopelessly greedy organisation.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
What irritates me personally is how the BCCI wants to have their cake and eat it too, and in the process inconvenience just about everyone including NZC and their own players. They'd rather force their own players into the local tournaments or have them go without practice over losing revenue on a practice game. What bothers me is this mentality, and that they're getting away with it. A hopelessly greedy organisation.
So you're saying practice match + Two test series was the way to go? :unsure:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
so it is only wrong when the BCCI do it? You were not exactly jumping up and down when the ECB did the exact same thing last year?????????????????8-)

adharcric

International Coach
So in other words...it wasn't NZC's fault at all that India don't have a warmup game?
"India have bent over backwards to accommodate our wish for three Tests so we have to give them some warm-up," Vaughan was quoted as saying in the Dominion Post. "I said to them: `We won't leave you in the lurch, we will give you some decent warm-up,' and one way or the other we will honour that."

Cricinfo - Indians could get practice games

But of course, it's the BCCI so it must be all their fault. 8-)