• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Congratuations to New Zealand, and I do think they were the better all-round side over the series.

It's a shame that an umpiring decision basically handed them the series as 6 wickets down on DL would have resulted in a Windies win that I think Gayle deserved for his outstanding batting throughout the tour.

But I think a series win for the Windies woud have masked some pretty severe shortcomings that need to be adressed. We simply can't have Findlay anywhere near a Windies side, while Powell needs to be given a rest even though he kept a little bit of pride with his second spell,

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
What's with people losing avatar bets and then getting banned? I've got a week on Precambrian, and the guy's banned!!! :@
My bet with sammy was for two weeks, which - if I deduce correctly - means you have to wear his avatar instead for a week. Deal? :ph34r:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
NZ were lucky. Chasing 6 an over with 10 still to come from Edwards and Baker, and only Vettori and Mills with any ability, would've been very difficult even if my Wellington bias tells me Elliot was robbed of an opportunity to win us another match. Could've been worse too, if Taylor had been given out. But I believe a 2-1 scoreline probably is a fair final score (just).

Series ratings
McCullum 5/10 - disappointing. He better make runs soon or last seasons form will start to look like a bit of a purple patch.
Ryder 4/10 - got starts in all 3 innings, and typically didn't go on. Worrying signs.
Guptill 10/10 - Simply brilliant, even if he did get a fair splash of luck in Auckland.
How 2/10 - That 140 at McLean park last season, feels like it was scored an age ago. He'll have a tough job keeping Guptill out of his test spot.
Taylor 9/10 - Great performances in 3 successive matches. Starting to show the consistent excellence that we all knew he was capable of.
Flynn 3/10 - Doesn't belong in the ODI side, and certainly not at no. 5. Get Styris back in there at first opportunity, and allow Flynn a chance to score some runs in domestic cricket.
Broom 7/10 - Smashed a couple of good 6's against the spinners at Eden Park and then got a beauty that he still really should've kept out in Napier. Can't see him staying in the side once Oram and Styris are back.
Elliot 7/10 - Only called on twice with the bat, but played very well on both occasions, to guide us up to a defendable total in Christchurch, and then to just help us over the line today. Bowling was a bit of a disappointment, but then he was bowling on the flattest track in the country against two of the best batsmen in the world, so we can let that go.
Vettori 9/10 - Brilliant as usual.
Mills 8/10 - Consistently on the spot, with the exception of a wayward spell at Eden Park. Fully deserves that top 5 ranking.
Southee 7/10 - Developing well, though he took a pounding in the last match (although again in tough circumstances). Good swing and pace.
Gillespie 6/10 - Took a pounding at Auckland and in his first spell today, but bounced back superbly to keep the windies to a merely competitive total in the dying overs.
Patel 5/10 - Got whacked at Christchurch and picked up a freebie at Wellington. Must be getting tired of carrying the drinks.

biased indian

International Coach
will the India series be effected by rain .. ?????

have to wake up 3 Am in t morning to watch the test.. will be disappointed if the game is delayed due to rain

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
will the India series be effected by rain .. ?????

have to wake up 3 Am in t morning to watch the test.. will be disappointed if the game is delayed due to rain
The weather in New Zealand generally gets better as the summer goes on, peaking in February and March. That said, the weather this year has actually been the best in recent memory. We've just had really bad luck in that every rainy day has been on a cricket day.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We've just had really bad luck in that every rainy day has been on a cricket day.
Yeah, it's been ridiculous. In every case in this ODI series it's been the only rainy day of the week in those cities. Unbelievable.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well the better side won the series but really both the Test and ODI series were interfered with all too much by the rain. West Indies were good enough to possibly win that match.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well the better side won the series but really both the Test and ODI series were interfered with all too much by the rain. West Indies were good enough to possibly win that match.
Yeah, shame about the rain. NZ still should've won but WI had a shot at the series. Really enjoyed McCullum's knock though, WAG.

Really, largely due to the weather, it's been the most disappointing tour in recent memory.

Evermind

International Debutant
My bet with sammy was for two weeks, which - if I deduce correctly - means you have to wear his avatar instead for a week. Deal? :ph34r:
Because of the ban, the Duckworth Lewis comes into play. According to my calculations, you wear his for one day, and then I wear it for 2 days after.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ramdin's Keeping has been seriously poor during this ODI series.

Although that Umpire decision was shocking.

Damn, as I type Guptil gets out. Very solid player though
When was his keeping ever good?

I still think he's the worst keeper in the Test playing world.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Seriously disappointing series only because of the rain.

So, so annoying that rain can ruin a Series so much and I'm just a mutual observer.

Bangladesh should see if they can play some "home" Tests in NZ, they might escape with a few draws..

Slifer

International Captain
Well rain or no rain considering the results from the two prior tours of NEw Zealand would say all in all things went ok for the Wi (weather notwithstanding).