• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia A and New Zealand A in India

Polo23

International Debutant
Sorry mate...I don't remember which sites they were.

I just search for 'New Zealand A vs India A' in google news and read pretty much all the articles about it.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
And New Zealand A win, making a brave declaration and then skittling India A for 100. O'Brien and Scott doing the damage with McCullum and Redmond rapping up the tail. All in all, this tour hasn't been too bad an effort.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
And New Zealand A win, making a brave declaration and then skittling India A for 100. O'Brien and Scott doing the damage with McCullum and Redmond rapping up the tail. All in all, this tour hasn't been too bad an effort.
wow!~

Excellent .....NZ A you future champs

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Mills, Southee and Scott to play in the Bangladesh tests :ph34r:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
This has to be one of the worst A-team matches ever played. Imagine. The India A team play RP Singh (who's had enough A-team action to make a national squad) and Ganguly (making an adult play with a bunch of kids) and still end up losing. This match wasn't even covered by CricInfo or any other site. Newspapers gave little or no coverage- for instance, there was no Day Three coverage. In the limited coverage here, they ignored Amit Mishra's six wickets in an innings, which was relevant. They instead focussed on a hugely unsuccessful performance by Ganguly, who was well below par here. And they're thinking of getting him into the team for the Australia series.

Getting in Ganguly was a completely stupid move ahead of the Test series, as well as from an A-team perspective. This should be a series for the best young players to develop and learn from a match situation, facing their international counterparts. It was instead used to get Ganguly into some sort of form. Now, they've ended up losing a match and Ganguly is short of runs more than ever. Now the Aussie bowlers will be licking their lips at the prospect of bowling to him. There is so much talk of the Fab Four retiring and there being no bench strength to fill in their huge (but now shrinking) shoes. The people in command, however, are doing enough to ensure there isn't any.

NZTailender

This has to be one of the worst A-team matches ever played.

Why? Because India lost? I'd appreciate if you'd make it clear that it was a poor effort by India A, because New Zealand played well, and this doesn't deserve to be labelled one of the worst A-team matches ever played.

Not New Zealand A's fault if the Indian selectors are dumb asses and pick a former Test captain and fringe test bowler.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Why? Because India lost? I'd appreciate if you'd make it clear that it was a poor effort by India A, because New Zealand played well, and this doesn't deserve to be labelled one of the worst A-team matches ever played.

Not New Zealand A's fault if the Indian selectors are dumb asses and pick a former Test captain and fringe test bowler.
Guess he meant one of the worst A team matches ever played by INDIA.. meaning this was just a pathetic effort by the India A side.

But I am with you, take nothing away from NZ.. They were labelled no hopers (even I didn't think much of them, tbh) and for them to have won such a match with so little time left etc.. is a great achievement.

NZTailender

Indeed. Even I wasn't too impressed considering the likes of Broom and Nicol were left out of the FC side.

Polo23

International Debutant
Indeed. Even I wasn't too impressed considering the likes of Broom and Nicol were left out of the FC side.
Broom played in the first test, and failed, so was dropped for Guptill, with Watling moving down the order. Turns out it was a pretty good decision, Guptill scored over 100 runs for the match and Watling hit a crucual 30 odd in the second innings.

Anyway, Turner himself (the manager for this tour) said that winning games on this tour was secondary to building experience and getting players accustomed to different conditions etc. Which in my opinion makes it an even greater feat that we won.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh dear, collapse from India A. Some very silly selectorial moves. Jadeja as a batting all rounder?! Just why!? Is his bowling good enough, FC stats tell a story of someone who can't buy a wicket. Kukreja as opener with an average of 35.25 after a fair few seasons, bizarre. Sangwan in over Tyagi - who was behind that move?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year

Look, we take nothing away from the New Zealand A team, but just looking at how the whole match unfolded suggests it was a terrible scene. I can name a few A-team matches (as an Indian fan) that the Indian A team lost, but were still good. This wasn't one of them. The presence of a Test regular and a Test reserve in the Indian A team, and (yet) the Indian A team losing, the lack of media coverage of the match (bar Ganguly) and total ignorance of the one good performer (Mishra) from the Indian team, all of these don't make for good reading. Not to mention what it may have done to Ganguly in the lead-up to the Test series.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh dear, collapse from India A. Some very silly selectorial moves. Jadeja as a batting all rounder?! Just why!? Is his bowling good enough, FC stats tell a story of someone who can't buy a wicket. Kukreja as opener with an average of 35.25 after a fair few seasons, bizarre. Sangwan in over Tyagi - who was behind that move?
I don't know. I just don't know. Some think he's a 'future player', who can develop in some time, and needs a long run. Those FC stats prove otherwise, but they're banking on a superior OD bowling record to help him. Frankly, Yusuf Pathan is far better in every respect, and even seamers Nayar and Bhatia are better all-round options. I don't understand the Kukreja puzzle either; Rahane is a better batsman at that age. Sangwan is a product of the India U-19 team, and came right out of that. The worst part, however, is that the team has a few players who've played for India and have been found wanting.