• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia A and New Zealand A in India

Lambu

U19 Debutant
NZ A all ready to be steam-rolled in the 2nd test.Indians have included Ganguly and RP in their line-up.

adharcric

International Coach
Let's hope they get the team right this time ...

Vijay, Dhawan, Pujara, Raina, Ganguly, Pathan, Saha, Mishra, Parmar, RPS, Dinda

Lambu

U19 Debutant
^ here you go

Chennai: Former captain Sourav Ganguly will be the cynosure of all eyes when he takes field in the second and final four-day cricket match between India A and New Zealand A here on Friday.

The otherwise low-profile encounter has assumed significance with Ganguly, out of cricket for over a month, given a place in the India A squad to gain some match practice before the first Test against Australia on October 9.

Ganguly, included in the 15-member squad for the first two Tests against Australia, had asked for his inclusion in the India A team after being left out of the Irani Trophy.

India A, already on a high after their thumping 129-run win in the first match against the same opponents on Wednesday, would also be strengthened by the presence of left-arm pacer RP Singh and leg-spinner Amit Mishra, who was in the India A team before his call-up in the national squad.

The hosts had put up a good team effort in their first match and they will have the edge over the largely inexperienced New Zealand team for a clean sweep in the second match.

But the continuing inconsistency of the batsmen, particularly the poor run by the openers from the preceding tri-series, is still a cause of worry and Ganguly could provide the fillip here with his vast experience.

Given the failure of opener Shikar Dhawan in both the innings of the first match, Ganguly might be considered for the slot or could be in his usual position at number six.

India A coach Dav Whatmore had said after the end of the first match that there would be changes in the team.

The batting line-up looks strong with captain Suresh Raina hitting form with a sparkling 146 in the second innings of the first match which laid the platform for India's win.

M Vijay, who scored 45 and a half-century in the match, and middle order mainstay Yusuf Pathan and wicketkeeper batsman Wriddhiman Saha have put in decent performances so far.

In the bowling department, paceman Ashok Dinda has been impressive, generating good pace to claim seven wickets, including five for 60 in the second essay.

With RP Singh likely to replace Sudeep Tyagi, who ended up with a match tally of just two wickets, the bowling attack will be potent.

Mishra, who took three vital wickets on Wednesday for a match tally of five, received support from co-spinner Mohnish Parmar as the bowlers defended their modest first innings total of 240 for an 18-run lead and then bowled out the Kiwis for 225.

The visitors' batting has revolved around Aaron Redmond, captain Peter Fulton and James Marshall, but none of them could post big scores and perished against the Indian attack when they were required to stay at the crease.

The Kiwis have to resist the tendency to lose quick wickets. The hot and humid weather conditions have added to their woes.

New Zealand bowlers did a fair job in containing India A in the first innings in the first match thanks largely to a career best six-wicket haul by off-spinning all-rounder Nathan McCullum and medium pacer Brent Arnel.

New ball bowlers Michael Mason and Trent Boult have not been very effective and the team might go for a change and bring in Iain O'Brain or left-arm fast bowler Bradely Scott.
http://cricketnext.com/news/ganguly-adds-lustre-to-lowkey-clash/34489-13-single.html

Polo23

International Debutant
Awesome to see Redmond, Guptill and Hay score runs.

Redmond looks in great form at the moment and if he can score runs against this Indian attack in India then I have no doubt he COULD become a decent test opener. Likewise with Martin Guptill, who I rate incredibly highly, a shame he couldnt get to his ton though.

Awesome that they stuck with Watling and Boult too, though I would have preferred Watling to keep and Broom in ahead of Young.

Hopefully Hay and Marshall can push on tomorrow and give our bowlers a huge lead to work with.

Lambu

U19 Debutant
Nice lil 6-fer for Mishra as NZ A collapse for 315..thats poor considering they were 270-3.

In reply Indians have lost their key players Raina and Ganguly(run out!!) cheaply.However recovery in progress with Pujara on 49 and Vijay on 76.Score 162-3.Despite this,i expect Ind A to get close to the target,if not get a lead.

Woodster

International Captain
Yes Ganguly will have been disappointed he's not had more time in the middle ahead of the Aussie series, however, not a complete surprise his manner of dismissal!

Polo23

International Debutant
A bit disappointed with the batting, though not overly surprised given the state of the Indian pitches. Turner said himself that wins on the tour were secondary, and it was a tour to gain experience. So, in terms of that I think it has been a success. Great to see guys like Redmond, Guptill and Boult do well.

Another good performance from Boult, which is encouraging. Hopefully he can snare a few more today. I have a feeling he is going to rip through lineups in NZ's domestic summer.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Redmond takes 4, McCullum 2 and the seamers 1 each as India A are out for 276. Redmond was first out for just 5 while Guptill made his first decent score of the tour (iirc) of 44. Fulton out for 33, with Marshall and Hay at the crease, NZ 3-107. Mishra, Singh and Raina the wicket takers.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Nice come back from NZA. Interested to know how they are bowling Boult. Whether he is bowling in short allotments or if he is bowling a good line are they keeping him on etc.

Redmond taking 4?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Even the newspapers have stopped covering this match. It's turning out to be ridiculous now.

Polo23

International Debutant
Nice come back from NZA. Interested to know how they are bowling Boult. Whether he is bowling in short allotments or if he is bowling a good line are they keeping him on etc.

Redmond taking 4?
From the articles i've read Boult has been bowling pretty quick, and keeping a good line.