• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia A and New Zealand A in India

Polo23

International Debutant
NZ 'A' beat Queensland by 36 runs yesterday.

NZ 263/6, Guptill 57, Broom 64, Marshall 44, Elliott 28*

Qld 227 all out, Broad 72, Gillespie 4/31, Mason 3/45.

Good signs there...great to see Guptill and Broom doing well.

bryce

International Regular
Most the team seems in good form, especially the batting. Be interesting to see who carries it on to India. Broom and Guptill both had successful emerging players tournament so both still must be seeing the ball pretty good

Polo23

International Debutant
Another win for NZ A against Queensland today.

Fulton scored a run a ball 139 with 8 sixes in a NZ total of 270/6, backed up by 50 from Neil Broom and 32 from Grant Elliott.

Queensland stuttered towards the end to finish on 266/6.

Another half century for Broom...hope he continues this form to India. Nice to see Fults back in the runs also.

bryce

International Regular
Thanks for that. Do you know where Fulton batted? Broom must be in about the form of his life to date, Elliott mustn't be far off that either. Must be off to India now, be good to see our players adaptability tested

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Mohnish Parmar seems to a Gun. Wonder whether he will pip Piyush to get a test call up? Gun guy!
Yeah, he was a treat to watch in U 19 WC (I think in SL). within 24 balls he delivered five variations of the off break. A top spinning off break, a side spinning off break, a doosra, seam up arm ball and a slider. No wonder English youth were found groping. I was wondering what has happened to him after showing so much of promise. I doubt his action has been questioned. Our Indian friends may tell about it more.

Flem274*

123/5
Another win for NZ A against Queensland today.

Fulton scored a run a ball 139 with 8 sixes in a NZ total of 270/6, backed up by 50 from Neil Broom and 32 from Grant Elliott.

Queensland stuttered towards the end to finish on 266/6.

Another half century for Broom...hope he continues this form to India. Nice to see Fults back in the runs also.
Fulton:wub:

Always been a huge fan of his ever since his CH knock that gave us a hurry along. Criminally under-rated in NZ, our media prefers the likes of McCullum, Taylor and Ryder. I Demand a test recall ahead of Marshall and Flynn. Effective immediately.:happy:

bryce

International Regular

Always been a huge fan of his ever since his CH knock that gave us a hurry along. Criminally under-rated in NZ, our media prefers the likes of McCullum, Taylor and Ryder. I Demand a test recall ahead of Marshall and Flynn. Effective immediately.:happy:
Yeah, and then they will probaly have him opening the batting:@ selection is one thing for Fulton to get, but they need to give him preference on where he wants to bat and then construct the rest of the batting list around him IMO. Typically speaking NZ top/middle order bats are extremely versatile, Fulton is a rare exception and he needs to bat where he is comfortable.

GGG

State Captain

He should never of been dicked around in the first place, put him in at number 3 and leave him there.

Precambrian

Banned
Australia A 82-3 Vs India A at Hyderabad. (Bad light stops play)

North and Bailey batting. Kulkarni gets Hughes and Voges, Tyagi accounts for Katich.

Changes from last game:

Australia A : Krejza and Doherty in for injured Casson and McGain.

India A : Sahil Kukreja in for Ajinkya Rahane.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia A 82-3 Vs India A at Hyderabad. (Bad light stops play)

North and Bailey batting. Kulkarni gets Hughes and Voges, Tyagi accounts for Katich.

Changes from last game:

Australia A : Krejza and Doherty in for injured Casson and McGain.

India A : Sahil Kukreja in for Ajinkya Rahane.
Where did you get this? Cricinfo doesn't have it...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scorecard from that link had McGain in the side. Thought he was out for sure.

Cheers for posting that guys.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, he was a treat to watch in U 19 WC (I think in SL). within 24 balls he delivered five variations of the off break. A top spinning off break, a side spinning off break, a doosra, seam up arm ball and a slider. No wonder English youth were found groping. I was wondering what has happened to him after showing so much of promise. I doubt his action has been questioned. Our Indian friends may tell about it more.
I wonder why India didn't play him until the finals... :whistling:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Day Two rained out. There's no result expected in this match, unless one team does what a former commentator said the Aussies should do to Bangladesh in a (one-day?) Test.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The Indian A team comprises nearly half the regular Indian ODI team for the one-dayers. Good selection, with five all-rounders (Irfan, Yusuf, Nayar, Praveen and Chawla, not counting two wicketkeepers) but the selection of Jaydev Shah is dodgy. Then again, not surprising, as Niranjan Shah Jr has found a way into selection for West Zone, and now India A. I wonder, will the next-of-kin of BCCI officials have places reserved in the main Indian XI? Anyway, the XI should have all of Irfan, Chawla, Praveen and Kulkarni, as these are the only frontline bowlers in this squad!