• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2008-2009

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
What ****s me though are the fans who live in America and became interested in football through Beckham's move to LA Galaxy, and decided they'd support United because they're one of the best teams. They typically think Christiano Ronaldo is the greatest footballer of all time, have not heard of Johnny Carey and certainly not Billy Meredith. Additionally they could name only two of the side that started the European Cup final in 1968. This type of fan is increasing in number, and "support" lots of different clubs. However, having our reputation, they typically follow Manchester United more than a lot of other clubs, unfortunately. There are "fans" in England that, broadly speaking, belong in this category as well. These people have no reason for supporting the club other than bandwagon jumping, but are the reason why Manchester United fans have a reputation as being plastic despite not being, to my mind, a Manchester United fan. This pisses me off.
Gun post.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Anyway: Steve McClaren: still a hopeless ****. Agreed he'd "outwitted" Wenger last night when a journalist put it to him. Of course, Steve; just like you outwitted Bilic & Hiddink.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyway: Steve McClaren: still a hopeless ****. Agreed he'd "outwitted" Wenger last night when a journalist put it to him. Of course, Steve; just like you outwitted Bilic & Hiddink.
Twente outplayed Arsenal for large parts of the game. Just have to remember that it was by no means a full strength Arsenal side and that Twente had a forward who basically was ****house. That one on one where he stumbled and basically did nothing, poor show.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I don't know which is more hilarious, Mutu having to pay out every penny he owns, or McClaren speaking in a Dutch accent. I think it's McClaren, purely because everyone loves to laugh at someone they really don't like.

chalky

International Debutant
We got the Baggies at home in the League Cup 2nd round OK there not a a very good Premiership side but still a Premiership side reckon we might be able cause an upset.

Got Tranmere away today, can't get down to watch unfortunately. Hopefully we can make it 3 wins out of 3 this season really need to improve our away form from last season which was piss poor.

Prediction 2-1 pools both goals from James Brown.