• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2008-2009

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Well known fact that everyone in Manchester supports City.
Regardless of whether you're being serious or not, this fallacy is an irritating one. I did see some stats on this a year or two ago, and it was quite heavily in United's favour. Obviously, some parts of Manchester are mostly United and some parts are mostly City, but there is far more United.

EDIT: What The Sean said.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Well known fact that everyone in Manchester supports City.
not really< depends where you live (although yea you got some elder folks who despise Man U). Hardcore city fans from my knowledge are usually located in Stockport, Oldham, Denton while its split in areas such of Salford & Chorton.

Anywhere South is definite Man U territory though..

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hehe oh the humour

People always say the same about Liverpool, ie they are all blue****e, not quite true either. ****s me when people say "the red/blue halfof Merseyside though" go die

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Not sure how you all just got trolled, but kudos.
I guessed he wasn't being serious, but wasn't entirely sure ("Regardless of whether you're being serious or not..."). In any case it is still a massive irritation, even in jest, because quite a lot of people actually do believe it and it is clear bollocks.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
And similarly, you couldn't find a regular United matchgoer who didn't know the surrounding roads of OT.
That's not similarly at all.

But yeah, so long since I've indulged in a good bit of Man U (c'mon, Xavier, bite) baiting. Forgotten quite how much fun it was - tragically my form last year was virtually Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool. Different, but not quite the same.

Next year however I shall be back on form. Lots of United... and bizarrely one Newcastle.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Signing Dong Fangzhou and then not playing him, a plot line straight of Dream Team that was.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I guessed he wasn't being serious, but wasn't entirely sure ("Regardless of whether you're being serious or not..."). In any case it is still a massive irritation, even in jest, because quite a lot of people actually do believe it and it is clear bollocks.
My thoughts exactly - my frustration wasn't necessarily with the poster I was replying to per se, but more that so many people truly believe such fallacies (it's up there with the "Everyone only started supporting after 1992" one for me) as fact.

I probably should just let it slide. I won't, but I probably should.

And yes, I'm aware of the irony that I'm defending the integrity of United fans as an Australian living in London... :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Big game tonight Grimsby V Mighty Whites. Shocked that I haven't heard anything about any online streams of the game :-O