• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's Monty's century. One of the most non-threatening half century of overs ever I'd have thought.

Get him back playing at Northants, see if he can add to his haul of 4 wickets in 108 overs of FC cricket this season.

No doubt when I come back from my walk he'll have nicked a couple of pointless average boosting wickets.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And no doubt we'll have to endure more utterly pointless waste-of-time posts which add nothing to anything like the above at that point too.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
There's Monty's century. One of the most non-threatening half century of overs ever I'd have thought.

Get him back playing at Northants, see if he can add to his haul of 4 wickets in 108 overs of FC cricket this season.

No doubt when I come back from my walk he'll have nicked a couple of pointless average boosting wickets.
:laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
WoW, that's an unbelievable delivery.

That's the sort of thing you dream of - getting Jacques Kallis out with an absolute beauty like that.

pasag

RTDAS
I must say though, besides that delivery and a few others, this attack has looked pretty toothless over the past couple of days. Very fine batting from SA though, McKenzie was superb and played almost perfectly for the large part of his innings given the circumstances.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
All bowling has mostly looked toothless on this pitch for all the game bar the third day. I doubt many if any would have got much out of it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
For the first time in the match, SA would probably do well to look a bit harder for some scoring strokes. They're unlikely to lose 7 wickets in 37 overs, but if 1 or 2 more fall in the next 10, then you'd start to worry.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I certainly think England are better off playing 5 bowlers. Wtether that means Freddy batting 6 or 7 I dunno, but IMO Collingwood is a fairly average batsman and I'm not sure England will be worse off to do a direct swap off Freddy for Collingwood.
Needless to say, Ambrose has not proven himself good enough to afford Flintoff at 6. Flintoff is not good enough to bat in the top six for any team competing for the top spot in world cricket. And why should Broad be retained ahead of Flintoff? Flintoff offers infinitely more.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Sidebottom's delivery was amazing and a partial reason it may have done him so comprehensively was that Sidebottom got a reverse swinging ball to conventionally swing.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon Kallis missed it one purpose to keep Sidebottom & then Anderson running themselves into the ground befdore Friday's game. They'll bat this out OK, but England don't feel able to let Colly & KP bowl out time yet.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I reckon Kallis missed it one purpose to keep Sidebottom & then Anderson running themselves into the ground befdore Friday's game. They'll bat this out OK, but England don't feel able to let Colly & KP bowl out time yet.
Haha you know that was my exact thought when that wicket fell - that it'd mean the "resting" of the bowlers was delayed.

If it wasn't for the fact I know Kallis has the sensible mindset of never wanting to give his wicket away under any circumstances I might even believe it.

Looks like it's going to be Broad not Anderson first however.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Baffled that Prince didn't bowl in England's innings too, especially given he took 2-11 in his only bowl of the tour so far.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
TMS reckon that Vaughan dropped Prince before he'd scored. Cricinfo say it was wide of Vaughan. Who's right?