• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2008-2009

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Still doubt he'll leave, there is a consensus that this is not the most reliable of sources. Obviously he'd like to go to Madrid at some point, personally I think if we accepted an offer he'd go now, but wouldn't be overly unhappy if we don't accept an offer.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Application Form:

- Can you kick a ball?
- Do you have a shed? (very important so you don't get a shock when we play Colchester away)
- Will you give a **** when we play Leeds and Leicester but maybe not so much when we play Hereford?

If the answer is yes, give our Ronnie a call, got a squad full of people like you. If you got 2 out of 3 you'd probably still get a trial, tbh

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
My Grandad actually knows Ronnie Moore personally tbh, so if I really wanted to do that...I suppose I could lol....

we'll see how my trial for Brentford turns out first though.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Milan Handed Another Champions League Lifeline

Urgh. Why the hell would Rapid Bucharest NOT want to play Champions League football. Defies logic really.
What's most amusing about this whole thing is that, apparently, even if Milan had been relegated with nul points this year they would have got this spot on their high wafer coefficient.

Think the other guys' rejection may have something to do with mass redevelopments of stadiums in Bucureşti though. From a quick look at wiki, it appears the only CL-qualified stadium in Bucureşti is Steaua's - in which case they'd have to pay Steaua a considerable sum to play CL games. It seems like the only explanation I can find.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
According to the Mail, Platini has today implied that Chelsea and United are cheats (due to the large debt). I notice he didn't say this about Milan after they won the European Cup last year, because they actually were cheats.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can I get this straight? An English club finishes 5th and wins the CL, and UEFA arse around letting all five sides into the CL, making the holders qualify from day one.

An Italian club finishes 5th but none of their sides make the last four, so logically, let's let them have five places!

****, I don't particularly want to see Everton in Europe but if you're gonna give a nation five spots...might as well make it the one that had three semi-finalists and would probably have had all four had they managed to avoid each other

8-) to Milan getting in, second time in three years they have a place in the competition when they shouldn't have. **** off UEFA

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
According to the Mail, Platini has today implied that Chelsea and United are cheats (due to the large debt). I notice he didn't say this about Milan after they won the European Cup last year, because they actually were cheats.
Can I get this straight? An English club finishes 5th and wins the CL, and UEFA arse around letting all five sides into the CL, making the holders qualify from day one.

An Italian club finishes 5th but none of their sides make the last four, so logically, let's let them have five places!

****, I don't particularly want to see Everton in Europe but if you're gonna give a nation five spots...might as well make it the one that had three semi-finalists and would probably have had all four had they managed to avoid each other

8-) to Milan getting in, second time in three years they have a place in the competition when they shouldn't have. **** off UEFA
Absolutely shocking. What are all these biased rants based on? An article in the Daily Mail? An article in Goal which suggest that AC Milan might get through to the Champions League if Steaua are kicked out and if Rapid Bucharest refuse to for some reason that isn't given?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just ranting based on what I've read in the thread tbh, not followed what's goin on elsewhere :p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Absolutely shocking. What are all these biased rants based on? An article in the Daily Mail? An article in Goal which suggest that AC Milan might get through to the Champions League if Steaua are kicked out and if Rapid Bucharest refuse to for some reason that isn't given?
Since when has anyone needed a reason to go on a rant about Milan?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
My rant is bitterness due to the fact that they actually did get in two years ago tbh.

EDIT: And tbh the fact that they even might get in is still a shocker, whether they end up getting in or not.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Spurs agree deal for Barca's Dos Santos...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7440216.stm

Have not seen much of Dos Santos, watched a bit of him at that FIFA Youth World Cup in Canada where Arsenal’s Carlos Vela overshadowed him and he came across as a bit of one trick pony, just run up blind alleys.

In addition, one has to question how good he really is for A. If he was the ****, would Barcelona let him go?
B. If he is so good why were only Spurs and Citeh interested?

jammay123

State 12th Man
Blackburn's Martin Taylor will be there to mop up when the siblings' rivalry causes them to lose concentration.

tell that to eduardo:laugh:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Spurs agree deal for Barca's Dos Santos...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7440216.stm

Have not seen much of Dos Santos, watched a bit of him at that FIFA Youth World Cup in Canada where Arsenal’s Carlos Vela overshadowed him and he came across as a bit of one trick pony, just run up blind alleys.

In addition, one has to question how good he really is for A. If he was the ****, would Barcelona let him go?
B. If he is so good why were only Spurs and Citeh interested?
Giovanni is apparently a right big time Charlie. He bitched when Barca weren't playing him and then demanded they give him a massive pay rise, despite him still being a kid who hasn't exactly cemented himself in the team.

And you're right about Vela, he's a cut above Gio, ridiculously talented but very mature for his age and is under no illusions about what it takes to make it at a big club. He's a very exciting player, can't wait to see him play for a good team and manager.

cpr

International Coach
Haha, the worst is 8 of the starting team are pretty much in the England squad when fit, as are 5 of the subs.... So the faces are right, just the skill isnt

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, the worst is 8 of the starting team are pretty much in the England squad when fit, as are 5 of the subs.... So the faces are right, just the skill isnt
Yeah, I thought that. Quite brilliant to get it that close from 5 years ago. It's actually a very prophetic and clever piece. Except for that winning thingamygigg.:unsure:

Last edited: