• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2008-2009

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Anyone see that Plymouths keeper is due in court today for killing two guys whilst driving drunk and without insurance, hope they throw the book at him tbh, deserves the heaviest punishment available.

Craig

World Traveller
Anyone see that Plymouths keeper is due in court today for killing two guys whilst driving drunk and without insurance, hope they throw the book at him tbh, deserves the heaviest punishment available.
:-O

What a pillock. Speaking of in incarcerated footballers, is Newcastle still paying Joey Barton's wages while locked up or have they sacked him?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
:-O

What a pillock. Speaking of in incarcerated footballers, is Newcastle still paying Joey Barton's wages while locked up or have they sacked him?
I think they should sack him when he gets out. Just to make it that little bit more painful.

"Finally, I'm out of prison. Man, what a relief, that was a bad 6 months."
"Erm, sorry Joey, but as of right now, you're fired..............you ****."

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Odd that the rest of the country now hates a Cornish scum player. Makes me feel more integrated into society to be honest.

In other news, I think I saw Dicko today. Interesting.....

Johnners

Heh, I see Man U has apparently written a letter of complaint to FIFA re: Real Madrid and Ronaldo. Pot, Kettle, Black etc. Just quietly, I think they ought to be having a word, and sending a letter to their player, who has hardly shown any loyalty to them.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
haha, apparently he refused Alex Ferguson entry to the Portugal camp so they havent been able to really get in touch with him, or so says a few newspapers, but then we cant take that seriously.

Would like to see Real Madrid dumped well and truly in it tbh.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
So would I, can't really see it happening though.

Re: Clapo, I'm not particularly annoyed at Ronaldo. He has no connections with the club in particular (he didn't grow up supporting us or whatever), and very obviously has a dream to play for Real Madrid. Given he wants to play there, whenever the move happens, I'd rather he said nothing than came out and said he's staying, only to leave a couple of days later or whatever. He's never been a particular favourite player of mine anyway, and I think the fact that he was is responsible for some of the response from other United fans.

If he does go, then unless it is highly acrimonious, I won't feel ill towards him, good luck and thanks for everything he's done for us. Would obviously be happier if he was to stay.

cpr

International Coach
Thing is though, Ronaldo's said nothing at all. Not said he wants to stay, but not gone to Brazilian papers saying he wants to leave (apparently that story's been defuted by Ronaldo himself). So all he's doing is staying quiet and focusing on a massive tournament. Wouldnt blame him for telling Fergie to shove off. He's made his position clear, he'll sort it once he's got the Euro's out of the way, wants to focus on Portugal untill then.

Marca have been going all out, and Real seem to be issuing press releases every day aimed at Ronaldo/United. Dont blame us for reporting them. I mean, ok every club taps up on the sly, but such a targeted public campaign is a ****ing insult to the rules of the game.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Thing is though, Ronaldo's said nothing at all. Not said he wants to stay, but not gone to Brazilian papers saying he wants to leave (apparently that story's been defuted by Ronaldo himself). So all he's doing is staying quiet and focusing on a massive tournament. Wouldnt blame him for telling Fergie to shove off. He's made his position clear, he'll sort it once he's got the Euro's out of the way, wants to focus on Portugal untill then.

Marca have been going all out, and Real seem to be issuing press releases every day aimed at Ronaldo/United. Dont blame us for reporting them. I mean, ok every club taps up on the sly, but such a targeted public campaign is a ****ing insult to the rules of the game.
Agree with this post.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tranmere get another Aussie in the ranks, Gareth Edds from MK Dons. We already had Sherriff. IMO this should mean that the Aussies that come to this thread (thinking Smith, Clapo, Cloete) should get behind us next season :D

BTW, **** Steve Davies, little ****

jammay123

State 12th Man
scolari is the new chelski manager. he didnt wantt to be england manager because of the press so he now manages chelski. seems to me that $$$$$$ have changed his mind.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Wow, huge news.

Be interesting to see how he adapts to day-to-day management after being a national manager for so long.

Wikipedia said:
Beef is his chosen meat, although he sometimes appreciates the texture of Bulgarian Mountain Goat.
Wtf? :laugh:

Last edited:

grecian

scolari is the new chelski manager. he didnt wantt to be england manager because of the press so he now manages chelski. seems to me that $$$$$$ have changed his mind.
He'll also get to manage some World-class players at Chelsea, speaking of which (and even I'm a tad shame-faced at that link) Dean Moxey has signed a two-year contract with Exeter. Surely the big news in world football tonight :)